Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Somebody broke into our Georgetown 328!

Hi, All. Night before last, somebody broke into our "Secure" RV Storage yard and broke into 19 RVs. Our three month old 2014 Georgetown 328TS was one of them.

Nothing was stolen, and the only damage was to the window in the door, and to the screen.

I'll need to get the window replaced. It's one of those dark-tinted flush windows (no frame on the outside of the coach). Has anybody had to do this yet? Do you have to get a replacement window assembly from Forest River? Doesn't look like normal window glazing.

Scagsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Call your local windshield repair facility.
Auto glass co.
Or the like.
It's saftey glass or should be.

Sorry this happened to you.

"Sabre owners united"

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Sorry to hear about the damage to your coach. Hopefully the storage yard has security cameras that might show the scums license plate.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
That is a bummer especially since it's new. I'm glad nothing was stolen. Good luck with repairs
armulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Whos paying for the repairs? You or the storage place?
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #6
I haven't had experience with the windows, but as a fellow GT328TS sorry to hear about your break in. Glad they didn't take anything!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Scott & Lauren
"On the edge of Normal"
2014 Georgetown 328TS
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member
So sorry to hear about the break-in, but glad they didn't steal anything. I guess it's best they only damaged the window portion of the door. As f1100turbo stated a local auto glass shop should be able to help you out. One of my co-workers had his fifth wheel broke into and they stoled everything they could get loose. All of the audio & video components were gone. The thieves got in by using a 4" holesaw and battery drill to the door and just reached in to unlock the door. Have you heard from the Secure Storage Facility?

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
Somebody broke into our Georgetown 328!

Well, after a month of waiting, we have our coach back. The big problem was that Forest River buys their doors complete with window from the supplier. They had to order a separate window. Our dealership tried to get one fabricated locally. The combination of the radius cut, matching the tinting and then doing the tempering was a problem. The dealer couldn't find a vendor that would do it. Happy to finally have her back. We'll be planning a trip for August. Noticed more security at the storage lot too. Now there is razor wire and a piece of sheet metal on the location where the crooks got in, plus more cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Scagsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
Who covered the repairs?
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
Alleged curmudgeon
Wow, sorry you had to experience this inconvenience and the delay in the repairs. While it seems this should not take so long, I'm sure the specialty nature of the piece makes it tricky. Hopefully it was easier to tolerate the inconvenience since nothing was stolen, the dealer was trying hard to help, and the folks at the lot increased security in response to the incident. Sometimes things just take time. I hope you did not miss anything important and can now just say all's well that ends well.

2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote