Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #1

Sounds like wind noise

When making right hand turns at free way speeds a loud swishing noise like we are loosing cabin pressure starts and only stops when you straighten out. Sounds to me like the slide is loosing its seal due to flex or something else. The noise is coming from the front passenger slide. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it is? Thanks

2011 Gergetown 378 TS XL on a Workhorse W22 chassis

Toad is a 2014 Chevy Cruze RS
Moorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert

I've noticed that air can actually come in through the corner of the windshield rubber when turning as the body flexes around the windshield. It really freaked me out initially but it doesn't leak water and when you watch closely you will see the body moving around the windshield. I guess it's the way they am designed it with the rubber gasket kind of floating in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #3

Air loss

Next time out i will check that. I should do a pressure check and see where the leak is. I wonder can you do a pressure leak test at free way speed and right turn without loosing all the equipment.

2011 Gergetown 378 TS XL on a Workhorse W22 chassis

Toad is a 2014 Chevy Cruze RS
Moorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:20 PM   #4

I have a 2008 Georgetown 373DS. We are having windshield wind noise at highway speeds. Depends on direction of wind and attitude of the coach. Left hand turns at speed with strong headwind is the worst. I have had three different RV repair shops work on it with no change at all. Can anybody recommend glass shop that might be able to deal with this issue? Thanks
kenlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise