Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #1

Spare Tire or Lack of

I am thinking about buy a spare tire and wheel for our Georgetown 330TS. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and where they got it from? I have 19.5" wheels and am thinking of caring it in the Toad if it will fit. I just cannot get used to the idea of not having a spare. Any suggestions?
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #2

As far as storage goes - check in your basement compartments - look in the rear compartment on the passenger side and see if you have a shelf with a built in mount. My rig has the shelf with the mount designed to securely hold the spare.
I am considering buying a spare myself and I found some good prices at a locally owned shop that services trucks. Should be able to buy a 19.5 tire for $200 - $300 and about $150 for an 8 lug steel wheel to match what you have on your rig.
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #3

Our 2008 Georgetown came with a spare tire. we ordered the tire with it. In the 08 models, there is a place to store it. But if you can fit it into your toad, go for it. I'm with you, I know I will have to have someone change the tire and mount it. but at least I know it is the same michelan brand that we have on the coach.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

Ours had a shelf with mount in the rear passenger side compartment also. We paid about $325 for the same Goodyear tire as stock at camping world and I think we gave about $250-$275 for a new steel wheel same as original. Now when Billy Bob's road side service comes out to change it, I don't have to buy a used Chinese tire from his cousin Jim Bob for $900 who has the only tire of that size in a 5 county area.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
Ours had a shelf with mount in the rear passenger side compartment also. We paid about $325 for the same Goodyear tire as stock at camping world and I think we gave about $250-$275 for a new steel wheel same as original. Now when Billy Bob's road side service comes out to change it, I don't have to buy a used Chinese tire from his cousin Jim Bob for $900 who has the only tire of that size in a 5 county area.
$325 for the tire? OUCH! Our Georgetown came equipped with Michelin XRV 22.5" tires and even on the road when we were forced to buy two new front's I think we only paid about $270 per tire for the same tires though a local tire chain. Camping World is NOT the best place to buy anything RV related. Sure they have a good selection but you can find any of it elsewhere for cheaper in most cases.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote