Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2016, 10:45 PM   #1

Stair and outdoor light not working

Turned the switch on by where you lock the steps, and that usually turns on the orange light by the door and I thought a light for the steps. Well, neither are working. Is this because of a blown fuse? I tried to look at the fuse box but couldn't figure out which fuse did what. I saw something that said LR light. Is that it?
Lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

Your step light does not come on with the outdoor light. The step light comes on whenever the steps are extended from the retracted position with a 5 minute delay that will turn it off. The outside light is an independent circuit. What type is your Georgetown?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #3

Ours is a 2013 328TS. Thanks for your help!!
Old 02-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #4

Have you pulled the bulb to see if it has burned out?
Old 02-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #5

On my winnie the step light only works when the steps are activated never have checked for a timer on the light
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Haven't tried that. That was my next thought.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #7

Ouside light does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
have taken out bulb seem ok the switch does not light up when on is that a problem
Rscout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #8

FR did install some pretty cheap switches at the entrance. I had to replace 2 because of not illuminating after 8 months. If you have a multimeter you could check for 12 volts at the light socket (switch on) while you had the bulb out. Might pull the cover off the battery control center under the steps and see if any of the fuses are blown. If your fire extinguisher is at the same location, pull out the fire extinguisher mount (makes a big access hole) to check wiring to switch. It has come to my attention that there might be a fuse in the DC power distribution panel (typically in the bedroom of the Georgetown) that controls power to the entrance light and maybe as well other lights within the coach.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #9

I believe the fuse labeled "WH-CS" in the bedroom fuse panel controls the issue light.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #10

I gave up on the lighted switches when the bulbs burned out and mounted LEDs just above te switches, wired to the "on" side otf the switch. The LEDs use a fraction of the power of the bulbs in the switches and will never burn out.

Unfortunately, when I recently revisited Radio Shack where I bought them, I discovered that they no longer carry the specific ones I bought. These were inside a housing that was designed to be mounted in a thick panel and were perfectly sized for the thin panelling FR uses.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #11

I have 3 lighted switches in my unit and swapped all of them out with quality lighted switches, each a different color (not all blue) denoting its function. No issues going on 4 years now. Guess the OP is going to keep their fix, if it is fixed, a secret.

Tags
door, light