Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #1

Stairs are frozen

I recently replaced my batteries and as I was connecting power my stairs extended. No problem. Unfortunately, now my stairs will not work at all. I have checked switches, fuses, etc... I started the engine, checked connection on the doors. Nothing. What do I do if the stairs will not retract? New motor? something I am missing electronically?
Thanks for your help...
Nsdmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #2

Try turning the power switch to the coach off along with the step switch and then try to start the motor. The steps should retract.
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #3

Thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #4

Did Paul's reply solve your Problem?

If not have you seen this thread?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...h-61827-2.html

I did a search for "steps" in the "Georgetown" sub forum, here's the link.
Forest River Forums - Search Results

ab&jb
Old 07-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #5

I will give it a try today. Keep my fingers crossed.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #6

We had the same problem the motor was frozen , had to disconnect the motor and strap the stairs up so we could get home.Lci sent us a replacement motor.
miked11272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #7

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #8

Okay new issue with stairs. Module is good, motor is good! I believe it has something to do with the 4 prong connection from module that runs to various places.( door, ignition, etc...). Must be ignition, but not sure how or where those wires connect. I am able to work the stairs with wires directly to motor from battery. Any ideas where the wires go in the ignition? Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsdmaine View Post
Okay new issue with stairs. Module is good, motor is good! I believe it has something to do with the 4 prong connection from module that runs to various places.( door, ignition, etc...). Must be ignition, but not sure how or where those wires connect. I am able to work the stairs with wires directly to motor from battery. Any ideas where the wires go in the ignition? Thanks
Check the "Bird" combo relay for chassis/coach batteries. I've seen the Chassis power supply for the stairs from a fused bus in that relay panel. Probably located near the coach batteries. Don't know your coach type, that's where some are. Do you have a schematic wiring for your stairs. I've downloaded both Kwikee and Lippert online. Will save lots of TS time.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote