Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
I have started the generator on our 2011 Sunseeker several times with dead coach batteries by starting the chassis engine. I don't know how this worked. I am planning to do some tests soon to try to figure it out. I'm an engineer and can't stand to not know what's going on with something like this.

There are a few recent threads with more information about the Battery Control System. One thread is named: Charging your house batteries
I have done the same. The generator wouldn't start, so I started the engine and it started right up. I didn't have to wait and the batteries were down to 1 light on the panel.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #12

Here is a good hint. My 2012 Model 360 user manual advises starting the engine when sliding slides whenever shore power is not connected. This implies that the chassis battery/altenator are feeding the house batteries when the engine is running.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
Here is a good hint. My 2012 Model 360 user manual advises starting the engine when sliding slides whenever shore power is not connected. This implies that the chassis battery/altenator are feeding the house batteries when the engine is running.
My slides won't move when the engine is running. I'm assuming it's a safety lockout device.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
My slides won't move when the engine is running. I'm assuming it's a safety lockout device.

My bad. The manual actually advises running the generator when sliding slides or leveling jacks when not connected to shore power. I believe that both the chassis and house batteries are charged when the enginge is running BUT the house battery control switch has to be in the "on" position. Both the chassis and house batteries are charged by the power converter when plugged into a 110v shore power source, but once again the house battery control switch (located just inside and lower left panel at entry steps) must be in the "on" position.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #15

I can confirm, for I actually had to do this. My house batts boiled over and were dry, unkown to me. Tried to start gen and it would only throw the disconnect switch. Cranked engine and waited 15 mins, flipped the disconnect back and hit gen switch and bam it fires. So now know what to do the hard way.

Tags
battery