Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #1

Steering and Suspension

Everyone been great with your input. Here is the progress on our brand new 2016 Georgetown 364TS. We had the axles weighed and verified the tire pressures with the manufactures recommendations for the axle weight. We had an alignment and combined with the correct tire pressure I could feel a difference in the steering and ride. But, the most impressive thing to date was the installation of a Safe T Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is holy WOW. I'm not a salesman and I've been tough on the steering aspect of the Georgetown and but the difference is AMAZING. We had it installed for us but it was the best $800 dollars I've spent. Next, Sumos Springs, but right now I'm smiling and ready for the next big adventure.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #2

Good to read !

Do you know If the "Safe T Steer" , and "Safe T Plus" are the same product ? I've read here, and other RV forums where those two terms seem to be used to discribe the same product.

1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Good to read !

Do you know If the "Safe T Steer" , and "Safe T Plus" are the same product ? I've read here, and other RV forums where those two terms seem to be used to discribe the same product.
I think they are the same. If you go to their web site I only see Safe T Plus. I apologize if I used the wrong term. I made sure our rig was aligned before we had it installed. It is truly amazing. I felt a difference and it look a few minutes to get use to the feeling. But, trucks passing is a miracle. It wasn't flawless but soooooo much better. It makes me smile. We live in Oklahoma where the winds never stop blowing so we are always fighting the winds coming and going.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #4

Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #5

No apologies needed for me Sir, I'm here asking and learning...LOL?

Congratulations on the new Georgetown, and glad to read another positive review on the Safe T Plus / Steer !

We finalized our deal today on a 335DS, and have a scheduled pickup date on the 26th. The dealership will be installing the Safe T Plus as part of our agreement, but even with them, the words "Safe T Steer" and "Safe T Plus" are used interchangeably!

Do you know what part # you have? From the site it appears it should be the 41-180 or the 41-230. I need to confirm, and then ensure the dealer installs the correct one...lol.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #6

I do not have a photo of the installation, and I don't find myself crawling underneath the rig to do that. Camping world out of Oklahoma City installed it for us, even though we didn't buy the rig there. They did a great job. As far as the model and make that paperwork is in the rig. Our motorhome is stored in an enclosed facility away from our property. And I think by the time I get a photo of it it might be a little late for you. Go to their website and check out the information. Enjoy the new Georgetown.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #7

I have been looking at the road master stabilizer. Wonder if brands make a difference

Old 08-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #8

Steering

I have to be honest with you I didn't look at that brand. I get a lot of research and reading and everything kept pointing to Safe T. Just do some more research. Google is a blessing in my life, and so is this forum. Maybe you should post the question and asked the readers who has what. I'm extremely satisfied. Best of luck
Old 08-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #9

Thanks for info

Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #10

The Road master also gets good reviews on the RV forums, and is less expensive. I inquired about both, but our dealer carries the Safe T Plus / Steer product, and sold it to me at a good price.

Had they carried the Road Master, I would have felt comfortable with that also.

Our dealer is a five hour drive away, so I'll get a feel for it quickly !

1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK

Tags
suspension