Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #1

Steering Stabilizer

Thinking of putting some steering stabilizers on 2010 Georgetown. Does anyone else have them, if so have they made a difference in the steering? As well were did you buy them?
blackshadowk1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadowk1937 View Post
Thinking of putting some steering stabilizers on 2010 Georgetown. Does anyone else have them, if so have they made a difference in the steering? As well were did you buy them?
We did it on our 2008 Georgetown right after we bought it. We have the Safe-T Stablizer. We bought it from our dealer who also found that our rig was out of alighnment and sent it out to a Ford Truck dealer. I bought that one based on our friends comments. He has had one on both of his motor homes and blew a tire on the front one time and it saved him from an accident. Since we have had it on for 20,000 miles and it stays on the road most of the time where I want it. I guess it works. And my tires wear is running true.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #3

We've had a 2000 - 32' Georgetown for the past 9 years. I love the coach but did not like the "rock and roll" when driving it down into the desert or in strong winds. Has stabilizers put on about 7 years ago and it made a huge difference. Definitely a much more "stable" feeling driving. (El Cajon, CA)
Lynnfromsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We use the Safe-T-Plus and so far they have been great. We also looked at Steer Safe and decided that the Safe-T-Plus was a better way to go.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #5

We were Safe-T-Plus dealers for over 10 years. We have had dozens of people who tell us it saved their lives. Tires last longer and run cooler. The pure joy of driving a rig with the Safe-T-Plus is a major benefit, no more fatigue from "See-Sawing" down the road. Our dear friend, lost a front wheel on his Monaco Executive at 65 miles an hour and the Safe-T-Plus kept all 38,000 pounds of coach in his lane. Any steering Stabilizer will give some protection. We traveled over 255,000 miles on 3 different coaches with the Safe-T-Plus without any trouble. In most cases, you can move the STP to a new Coach. I hope this helps.
Frank Damron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #6

Not at all impressed. Save your money
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote