Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #21

Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
well then there must be something wrong with mine, it handles like crap, and I have had the front aligned, greased, tire pressure checked,and still feels squirly, so I am adding the safe-t-plus this time since I have the coaches door being replaced, and all the warranty work done, should be ready this week I was told

I thought I mentioned what I did in my first post, I forgot that I also did the CHF, I did everything I knew what to do, I was talking to a front end guy who said I needed to make sure there was grease in the front zerks, so I had it greased, I don't know of anything else to do, I mean it is not like my old motorhome that I still have,(1986) where it wonders like crazy, but I would expect it to be more like my old work truck, it was a 2009 1 ton chevy with work truck bed, now it handled like a dream, if there is anything else I can do I am all ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
You havent mentioned what you have done so far.

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #22

Hammer, there are different levels of "alignment". Where did you have it done, someplace arranged by the dealer, or a truck shop/center of your findings? As I previously posted, on my first rig, a 2000 Tiffin Allegro I took it to a heavy duty truck shop for the alignment. They had to bend the axle, which I am told is common with Ford and a solid front axle. They heat the axle and then pull with essentially come-alongs till they get it where the specs say it needs to be. This cost me $500+ about five years ago. I was told by the shop they could true the wheels and center the steering wheel but with out the bend job everything would still be off. Again as posted, the Allegro drove like it was better than brand new when they were done. I have used this shop for other work on both my rigs and their service, pricing and honesty is top notch.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #23

I had it done at a shop that does motor homes all the time, I got reimbursed from forest river for the alignment, if the axle is bent then that would be from the factory? if so then it needs to be taken care of through ford? or forest river? and how would I know for sure,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Hammer, there are different levels of "alignment". Where did you have it done, someplace arranged by the dealer, or a truck shop/center of your findings? As I previously posted, on my first rig, a 2000 Tiffin Allegro I took it to a heavy duty truck shop for the alignment. They had to bend the axle, which I am told is common with Ford and a solid front axle. They heat the axle and then pull with essentially come-alongs till they get it where the specs say it needs to be. This cost me $500+ about five years ago. I was told by the shop they could true the wheels and center the steering wheel but with out the bend job everything would still be off. Again as posted, the Allegro drove like it was better than brand new when they were done. I have used this shop for other work on both my rigs and their service, pricing and honesty is top notch.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #24

My guess the repair should be through Forest River who will do the charge back to Ford. Only guessing though. It does sound like the dealer arranged the alignment though, correct? Find a shop is your area that does trucks and make your own arrangements to get it looked at and work with your dealer and FR from that stand point.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #25

the best thing I ever did was a rear tiger trak track bar for my 335DS. the wander and wind from passing cars and trucks is almost nill now. I did the cheap handling fix on the front but all it seemed to do was tighten up the steering a bit.