Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #1

Steps

I went out & fired up my 350QS Georgetown & when I shut it down & left the rig the steps would not retract? How can I make them close?
Shaker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Check the switch just inside the door first. It should be with the other compartment light switches. Turn to on position if not already there. Light should shine through switch. If that's on but not lit then check under the steps for the fuse. Check fuse. If everything is good check the magnetic switch on the screen door and be sure it mates with the switch at the door jamb.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #3

Steps

I forget to mention I have winterized the unit & it hasn't moved in some time. all of the batterys are shut down. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Shaker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker11 View Post
I forget to mention I have winterized the unit & it hasn't moved in some time. all of the batterys are shut down. Is there something I am doing wrong?
If your batteries are shut down then you have no power to close them once the door is closed. I've read where you can tape or hold a magnet to the switch on the door jamb to close the steps. Once closed turn off the batteries, then turn off the rocker switch and close the door. You just need to remember not to stand in front of the steps when you turn back on the batteries and the rocker switch.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #5

I had the same problem, I made a call to Forest River and they told me it was a safety feature on the coach! We had to get creative and what I did was leave the switch for the steps on. Close the screen door, the steps then retracted, Then with my sons baseball bat I reached through the slider on the screen door and shut of the Master power, Remember you have to keep the screen door closed at all times when trying to accomplish this.
fidaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote