Old 11-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMSNT View Post
When you guys get them swapped out, let me know if the switch to turn them off still works. I had mine done under warranty and now the electric disconnect doesn't work on them. Thus, EVERY time I open the door the steps come out. Which, IMHO, is a bad thing because that means it's hardwired to the battery and could drain them. Does it not?
Take it back and have them run the power thru your step power switch.
That is really easy.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #12

Quote:
When you guys get them swapped out, let me know if the switch to turn them off still works. I had mine done under warranty and now the electric disconnect doesn't work on them. Thus, EVERY time I open the door the steps come out. Which, IMHO, is a bad thing because that means it's hardwired to the battery and could drain them. Does it not?
I got mine replaced this week. Checked to see if switch worked and it didn't. I was steaming mad. They put a technician right on it. Turned out the only thing wrong was the battery was turned off. The new steps are sooo much better than what I had.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #13

What you're speaking of is the way the Lippert steps are designed to operate. It's called "last man out" configuration. It is to insure that there is steps deployed under you if you exit the coach with the battery disconnect set to disconnect. It's a safety issue. It does not employ a continuous drain on the battery. I can't remember if my Kwikee steps had this feature or not on my other coaches. I think it didn't.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #14

Mine are Kwikee's.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #15

My input was for ChrisMSNT.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #16

Sorry... I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico so I haven't been on the boards. All I know is that when I got my coach new with the Lippert steps, you could hit the battery disconnect button and the steps would not deploy. This was nice if you were close to the curb or the likes. Now that they've been swapped out, regardless of the battery disconnect now, the steps always deploy. Thus, it could harm the steps.

http://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Sorry... I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico so I haven't been on the boards. All I know is that when I got my coach new with the Lippert steps, you could hit the battery disconnect button and the steps would not deploy. This was nice if you were close to the curb or the likes. Now that they've been swapped out, regardless of the battery disconnect now, the steps always deploy. Thus, it could harm the steps.
Cool, have a pina colada for me. Don't forget to go to the rain forest.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #18

The steps will not be harmed if they hit something while deploying. The steps have a current sensor circuit and they will shut down as is if something is not allowing full deployment. they will again retract as normal. The current sensing is applicable to deploying and retraction. The motor will not burn up and no mechanical issues will arise. Of cours ethis is all predicated on your system being fully functional. If your previous steps were lippert they should have operated the same as you describe.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #19

2012 378 & had it at dealer last week for some other issues & steps failed & broke on the service tech while there. When I picked it up this week had the new steps already installed & a new refrigerator is on order. FR also said the Lippert steps were junk & they have replaced more than they can count. All covered under extended warranty which is good as the frig was $4,000. Could not believe it.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #20

My refrigerator on our 2011 also failed this year. Dometic replaced the cooling unit under warranty. Would have cost over $2000. with labor.

Steps haven't broken yet.