Old 11-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Smile steps

We bought a new 2013 Georgetown XL 378 this year and the steps ( Lipper Steps)feel like they fall apart when you exit and enter the coach talked to the dealer and they contact Forest River and told them our concerns Forest River send them the better steps ( Kwikee) at no cost to us. The other problem we had was that the back drivers side lever piston would drop by itself after sitting there for awhile couple of inches at a time, bothe problem were resolved by Forest River and my dealer( Clems RV and Trailer Sales.
Thank You both

Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #2

It's nice to hear good outcomes for a change. I wish more people would do that to help offset the negatives here.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #3

we also have a 378xl 2 months old the dealer is going to replace the steps also ours bent the rod from the half moon gear to motor and would not retract. great dealer and response from FR they sent steps to dealer ASAP and yea we a lovin' it
Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #4

I feel lucky, I went outside to look at mine and they are the Kwikee ones. Something else I don't have to fix.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #5

My retractor arm snapped in half. They are putting a brand new set of Kwikee steps on under warranty.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #6

It sounds like they should do a recall. You don't want to fall from those steps.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #7

I agree on recall. I fell onto my driveway when mine failed. Lucky it wasn't my wife who just had shoulder surgery. I walked into the dealer with the broken part and said "this is a lawsuit waiting to happen". They took good care of me.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #8

I received my replacement yesterday and dealer will install under warranty tomorrow.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #9

When you guys get them swapped out, let me know if the switch to turn them off still works. I had mine done under warranty and now the electric disconnect doesn't work on them. Thus, EVERY time I open the door the steps come out. Which, IMHO, is a bad thing because that means it's hardwired to the battery and could drain them. Does it not?

http://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMSNT View Post
When you guys get them swapped out, let me know if the switch to turn them off still works. I had mine done under warranty and now the electric disconnect doesn't work on them. Thus, EVERY time I open the door the steps come out. Which, IMHO, is a bad thing because that means it's hardwired to the battery and could drain them. Does it not?

Just how many amps does that motor pull?