Old 05-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradamb View Post
On our 2012 378XL we are having some grief with the electric stairs . When we purchased the motorhome the dealer explained to us how to make the stairs stay out while parked in a RV park . The problem is my wife and I were so excited that we were not paying attention during this part of the orientation . We read through the manuals and have tried to override the auto close to leave them locked out but can't seem to get them to stay out . We must be doing something wrong . Any thoughts?
Typically, the step switch is only set to on if you want the steps to retract when the door is closed. If you want the steps to stay out at camp site set the step switch to off. In otherwords, the switch is only to retract the steps when closing the door. With the switch on or off the steps should still retract with the ignition and also extend when the door is opened (whether the engine is running or not). This is for the lippert steps. The kwikee steps, I believe function about the same, maybe not exactly.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #22

My steps STILL open and close on their own as I'm driving down the road.... Drives me nuts...

Old 05-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
My steps STILL open and close on their own as I'm driving down the road.... Drives me nuts...
Try bending the bottom of the screen door so that the magnet is closer on in contact with the sensor on the door frame. You may have too much of a gap and why it's extending while on the road.

I've always thought that two things should be added to the step system. One, a red dummy light on the dash that lets you know when the steps are not stowed. Two, if the engine is running the steps will still retract if the sensor looses contact with the magnet. What's needed is something that will not allow the steps to extend if the vehicle is in motion.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #24

That's a BIG AMEN to that !!!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #25

Hi Ernest917,

My 2014 Georgetown is doing the same thing from the day we picked it up. In fact the steps opened while driving and where bent from dragging or hitting a curb. Dealer replaced the steps and everything seemed to be working for about a month or so and now the new steps are coming out when we are driving, they haven't been damage yet! I believe it is the magnet sensor on the door.

How did you address the issue?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgingell View Post
Hi Ernest917,

My 2014 Georgetown is doing the same thing from the day we picked it up. In fact the steps opened while driving and where bent from dragging or hitting a curb. Dealer replaced the steps and everything seemed to be working for about a month or so and now the new steps are coming out when we are driving, they haven't been damage yet! I believe it is the magnet sensor on the door.

How did you address the issue?
Bend the bottom of the screen door away from the main door. I believe the problem is that area of the screen door is flapping and the magnet is loosing contact with the sensor.

We had that problem along with the main door coming open on the highway. Remove the four screws hold the door's latch assembly and reinstall them tight with loctite.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #27

I have a 2008 Georgetown 370 and the steps does not retract completely unless I help it a little. Is there an adjustment on it?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #28

I have a 2008 Georgetown 370 and my steps does not retract completely unless I help it. Is there an adjustment on it?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #29

I have the same issue with my steps needing a little help retracting on my 377!
Comments. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #30

I lubed the steps with a penetrating oil and worked them in and out and they are free to operate now. I used liquid wrench.