Old 06-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABoy View Post
Mine retracts even with the coach switched off. I think that's the way it should be for storage.
Same here, I like it that way. We are lucky to have shore power when ours is in storage, but if I had to leave it without shore power for a long period of time, I'd probably disconnect the batteries at the posts. Only problem with that is that the leveling system will have to be reset. It seems there are some things that stay connected to the battery when the battery disco switch is turned off...the leveling system, the steps, and the cabin sensors.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #12

There are at least 2 step systems out there on FR units now (LCI & KWIKEE) and after having both have seen they operate differently. And also FR might have wired differently. Hope the OP can get some results from these posts. We tried, good luck.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #13

Seems a bit odd that you can't retract those steps for storage. I guess I i'll try the magnet trick tonight when I get home. Where is the sensor located?

Thanks to all that have replied.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
Seems a bit odd that you can't retract those steps for storage. I guess I i'll try the magnet trick tonight when I get home. Where is the sensor located?

Thanks to all that have replied.
Take a look at your screen door towards the bottom. You'll see a little magnet riveted in place. The sensor is on the house side of the frame.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #15

Get a small rectangular shaped magnet and leave it attached to step frame.When leaving place the magnet next to the door sensor then shut your batt. disc and leave.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #16

Had this problem. I have LCI steps on my 2014 328 TS. Dealer told me to close the screen door to get the steps to retract. Then use broomstick through screen door opening to hit battery disconnect switch. Pain but it works.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #17

I would have thought that they would all be wired the same way. Not sure which is the correct way, but glad our steps work with the batter disco switch turned off.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypal View Post
Get a small rectangular shaped magnet and leave it attached to step frame.When leaving place the magnet next to the door sensor then shut your batt. disc and leave.
X2.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #19

The steps should be hard wired to the battery for safety. If wired through the battery switch just imagine your inside after you turn off the MH engine and the steps are up. Before you open the door you turn off the battery switch, open the door and the steps DO NOT deploy! That next step will ruin your day!

Obtain a small, square magnet at any hardware store.

When leaving the coach in storage:

Have battery switch on.
Have step switch on. Steps deployed.
Step out of coach with magnet in hand.
Turn around and place magnet on door frame sensor and steps should retract as if the door was closed.
Reach in and turn off step switch and battery switch.
Close and lock door.

When you return:

Open door.
Remove magnet. Steps should deploy.
Turn on battery switch and step switch.

This procedure works with Lippert steps that are hard wired to the battery bank. I would think all model steps should be like this IF hardwired to the battery bank.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage