Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #1

Storage area suggestions...anyone?

Our MH has a large storage area under the bedroom which has 2 access doors and shares a little bit of room from the electrical hook-up. I’m interested in organizing the area and wonder what others have done to utilize this space. I’m thinking of mounting flat bar or tubing to fasten things to and that kind of thing.

Any suggestions?
VTX 1800 Scooter
BCRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I think I've seen the kind of space you're talking about, but in some of the models that had this space, there was sometimes 3 doors to access the space. One on each side and another at the rear, which was the largest opening. As I recall, these models did not have a slide unit for the bedroom........maybe that decides which models have it. I guess my concern would be to find out exactly what is located underneath this floor space, before you go drilling into it.

What year and model of MH do you have?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #3

Yes our MH does not have its own slide for the bedroom but rather a slide that extends into the bedroom, which frees up some space. It’s actually a pretty good design. Our MH is a Georgetown 300FWS 2010 and your right about having 3 storage access doors but the one on the drivers side is primarily for the electrical cords and hook ups.

The compartment has many steel struts or tubes that would be ideal for screwing into so that isn’t going to be an issue.

Just looking for ideas.
VTX 1800 Scooter
BCRider is offline   Reply With Quote