Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Storage Bay Lighting Power Source?

Has anyone ever figured out where the power to the storage bay lighting comes from in Georgetowns?

I know there are probably different sources for different units, but maybe......

I had a piece of shade material shift in one of my bays and turn the light on, almost starting a fire. I have since removed all of the lights from any bay that I think this may happen in, and don't miss them, but thought I'd warn everyone else, and look for a common solution.
__________________

__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
Has anyone ever figured out where the power to the storage bay lighting comes from in Georgetowns?

I know there are probably different sources for different units, but maybe......

I had a piece of shade material shift in one of my bays and turn the light on, almost starting a fire. I have since removed all of the lights from any bay that I think this may happen in, and don't miss them, but thought I'd warn everyone else, and look for a common solution.
Don't have a mh, but put microswitches on all the storage doors, which automatically shuts the power off when the door is closed. That might be a possible solution to your problem.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Don't have a mh, but put microswitches on all the storage doors, which automatically shuts the power off when the door is closed. That might be a possible solution to your problem.
Thanks for the input.

Maybe mercury(type) switches, but even that would be a PITA with so many doors.

A common-source switch would be better, and I'm gonna investigate as soon as it gets a little cooler out!
__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
My 2011 350 didn't come with storage by lights. Did anyone else get lights in their storage bins? I'm wondering if they were left out in error.
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Member
 
georgetown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 95
I don't think the newer motor homes come with lights in the storage bays, not sure what year they stopped in. We have a 2010, no lights, but I did put my own in. I used LED strips and they are controlled by a switch just inside the entry door that I added by the other factory switches.
__________________
2010 Georgetown 330
Ontario, Canada
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
I have lights in every compartment as well as one under the hood and one in the trunk. On my unit there are two switches as you walk in the coach just to the lfet of the steps near the bottom of the cabinet. They are along with the step switch, floor level aisle lights switch, they are labeled as Roadside Lights and Curbside Lights.
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
armye7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 264
My 2012 378 has lights in the storage bins, the 2011 did not have them.
__________________
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 411
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
My early 2012 has no lights in the storage bins. When I had a tour of the factory in April they were building the new model of the 2012 and they had the lights. It seems that if you have the new front cap and the higher roof (and higher price) you will have the storage lights.
__________________
2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35 View Post
My early 2012 has no lights in the storage bins. When I had a tour of the factory in April they were building the new model of the 2012 and they had the lights. It seems that if you have the new front cap and the higher roof (and higher price) you will have the storage lights.
Interesting "evolution"! My 2000 Georgetown 342 even had lights.

I have never (intentionally ) used them, so I'll probably just remove the bulbs.
__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
My 2011 350 didn't come with storage by lights. Did anyone else get lights in their storage bins? I'm wondering if they were left out in error.
Trempert - Ny 2012 Silverback 29rk came with lights on both sides of the pass though compartment. They are mounted over the doors and are manually operated.

For a little more information on these lights as well as the two LED ones mounted in the front cap, search "2012 Silverback 35QB4 External Cables/Satellite Outlets" and start with Post #6.

Edit - In re-reading your post, I see that are talking about a MH - my 29rk is a FW. Sorry for the confusion.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.