Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

Storage issue

Wife and I recently purchased a 2011 Georgetown 300s.
This unit has a large storage are at the rear of the coach.
There is no way to secure items in that storage area, it's just a wide open space. If we stow a folding table, for instance, and chairs...etc...etc., there is no apparent
means of securing them in place. They would just bounce and slide around while on the road, potentialy causing significant damage.
Any one have any suggestions?
dheiser
dheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #2

storage

i believe that space is for a spare tire.
Ggantilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #3

Probably not. It's full width of coach, easy 4ft deap and 3ft high. It's just a large space with a flat floor.
dheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

I think we saw some of these Gerogetown units a recent RV show, not sure what models. I believe you may even have a large door opening at the rear of the RV too. Our unit (330TS model) like a lot of the units where the bedroom has a slide for the bed, do not have anywhere near this large open space you're referring to. I think that's because of the machinery and tracks to make the slide work. In your case (300S model) where there is NO slide in the bedroom, there is this large space you refer to, which at first appears like a bonus because of the openess. However, I never investigated enough to see what/where to secure items like you mention. You also have good reason to secure any items in here because anything located behind the rear axle will tend to bounce around more than other locations along the chassis. I know.....because I drive School Buses, and you should see the kids bounce in the seats at the back along the bumpy roads! Have you been able to crawl underneath the chassis and see if there's clear access to the floor and install some of your own eyelets into the floor to fasten straps, bungee cords or whatever?
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #5

Try a cargo net. You can find them at Wal Mart and auto supply stores.
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote