Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 PM   #1

Stripped RV

Hi All,
I just bought a 2014 Georgetown 329DS and I think the previous owner may have had it repo'd because of some of the items missing. (Cut cable tv cables under DVD player, missing stereo receiver, fridge shelves missing ect) I am trying to figure out if the sewer dump hose is missing, I have looked everywhere. My last trailer had it in the rear bumper but class A rear bumper is different.
Acerock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:50 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum from mid-California, have you opened the compartment where the dump control valves are some store the hoses in there. Some have also added a pvc tube under the coach to hold the hose(slinky).
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
WDK

It's no consolation compared to the other things you have missing and other problems that you might find but the sewer kit does not actually come with the coach....its a "gimme" kit to thank you for buying brand new....in fact the GT does not even give you a place to put it, you have to rig your own.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

I don't think it was repo'ed, just that the previous owner took out what wasn't nailed down. If you bought it at a dealer than shame on you for not noticing the fridge was missing shelves and there was cut wires and missing DVD player. A sewer hose is $30, wouldn't you prefer a new one anyways vs. using someone else's? Yuk!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Does sound like a repo from the guy who used to live next door to me.

When he left after being kicked out for non-payment of his mortgage he took out the entire kitchen, the entire bathroom, all the wires, all the copper pipes including the baseboard heaters (busting the plaster walls to get it all out); before disappearing.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

A friend of mine bought a year-old repo'ed 35' Class A, and the previous owner had taken the shocks off!

Neither he, nor the dealer, noticed it until after his first time out, and he saw the holes where the shock mounted on the passenger front side.

He'd never driven a class A until the first trip of about fifty miles, and assumed that the bounce and sway were normal.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Or it was stolen then recovered after the pay off.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #8

I take the sewer hoses, water hoses, power cord and everything else that's mine when I trade in. Last time I took the TV.

The dealer's give you the same amount no matter whats missing. (appliances and AC units excluded) Condition makes no difference either. They look in a book and that's what you get.
They might make your trade sound better by increasing payments on your new unit but in the end you still get what the blue book says, no more and probably less. That's probably what happened to yours and the dealer didn't replace the missing items. A repoed unit would likely be in much worse shape.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I left the BBQ as i did get a new one, wasn't wanting to store a second one.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #10

Thank you to everyone for your help. I will buy a new hose and mount a 4" PVC pipe to the frame with a lid to store it. I have not come across any items so far that I was not aware of when I bought it, not because the dealer pointed it out but because I came across them when checking it out. I think I think I got a pretty good deal on it and was willing to fix these items for the approx. $17k less than Nadaguides was appraising it at. There is going to be a learning curve for me moving from a 98' trailer to a 2014 class A.

Thanks for the help
Acerock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #11

Well, you've come to the right place...There's a wealth of knowledge on this forum!
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #12

Stripped RV

Lol. You never know what a seller will do. When I bought my first house, the prior owner stole the Bel-Aire window out of the back door. They also quit mowing the back yard (it was 3 feet tall weeds by the time escrow was over), and they tossed dirty pampers off the back porch into said weeds. They also dropped those small chocolate Easter eggs onto the carpets and ground them in. Some people are pigs. This was in 1977, when I was about 22 years old. Quite an education.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Scagsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagsdale View Post
Lol. You never know what a seller will do. When I bought my first house, the prior owner stole the Bel-Aire window out of the back door. They also quit mowing the back yard (it was 3 feet tall weeds by the time escrow was over), and they tossed dirty pampers off the back porch into said weeds. They also dropped those small chocolate Easter eggs onto the carpets and ground them in. Some people are pigs. This was in 1977, when I was about 22 years old. Quite an education.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
X2 on that, my experience wasn't quite so bad but in purchasing my most recent home, the termite/dry rot inspection turned dry rot in the wood of the covered patio so the seller tore the patio down and said there you go dry rot all gone. My real estate agent was on top of things and pointed out to the sellers agent a clause in the purchase contract that says 'the property must be maintained as it was at the time of the offer' so the seller had to build a completely new patio cover, instead of only replacing the bad wood.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #14

On my last trade my dealer removed my washer & dryer & my trav'ler satellite and installed them back into the new coach and I kept all my sewer stuff.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote