Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #1

Surround Sound Question

Question - We have a 2012 Georgetown 350. The surround sounds works fine when using the DVD but does not work with the TV w/o using DVD? Is this correct or do we have something not properly connected? Thanks for your feedback.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

what kind of stereo ?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'm figuring your Home Theatre System is in the cabinet over the chair by the entrance door? Your front end is the same as my 370. They wired the Home Threatre to play the DVD to the front TV but through a video cable only and audio comes through the Home Theatre Speakers. To play the TV through the Home Theatre you need to run cables from the Audio Output of the TV to the Aux 1 Input on the Home Theatre System. Once you do this you have to go into the TV Menu to Audio and enable the Output or External Speakers. You have to change the Home Threatre System to Aux 1 to here the TV through the system. I ran the audio cables up behind the top piece of wood over the passenger's seat. I also replaced the S-Video cable with a 3 part component cable set, Red, Green and Blue. Much better picture after making the change.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
For the TV sound thru the surround sound, you can use the two audio rca plugs (red and white) that are already there with the yellow plug to the back of the TV. Just switch them to the audio output on the TV and to the aux. 1 on the home theater system. Then do as cfsoistman says to the tv. This worked on mine since it wasn't hooked up with an S-video cable but with the yellow, red and white rca plugs at the factory and they were already there. You don't need the red and white audio plugs hooked up to the TV inputs becasue the home theater system is already wired to the speakers. I'm going to try the 3 componenet cable set, that cfsoistman used, because the picture is not all that good from the home theater system.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Lottery Non-Winner

Mine is a different Georgetown but was already wired up to do what you ask. All I have to do is select a different input on the theater system. When I play a disc it defaults to DVD, but if I want to listen to the radio I have to select radio, and if I want to hear the TV I have to select AUX1.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovair View Post
Mine is a different Georgetown but was already wired up to do what you ask. All I have to do is select a different input on the theater system. When I play a disc it defaults to DVD, but if I want to listen to the radio I have to select radio, and if I want to hear the TV I have to select AUX1.
our 280 works the same way
briaj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #7

"I ran the audio cables up behind the top piece of wood over the passenger's seat."

Can you provide a little more detail here? How did you run this cable without it being visible after installation? I wish they would have put the entertainment and dvd center under the TV in that compartment rather than over the passenger seat. It would have been easier I think.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I drilled a hole up in the corner just behind the wood against the ceiling. Ran the cables through there and used a couple cable ties that have a screw hole attachment. It's a bit of a pain to do but it keeps them from being visible. The cables are visible for about 2" between the Home Threatre cabinet and the that wood but it doesn't stand out very much. I'll try to post a picture or two once I get home.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Here are a few shots of the cables running from the front over to the Home Theatre System Cabinette

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0872.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	7703

Name:	DSCN0873.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	7704

Name:	DSCN0874.jpg