Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #1

Sway bars

Just wanted to let everyone know that according to Ford Chassis service for the F53 chassis, changing to the inner holes on the sway bar will not void the warranty. As long as you are using Ford factory parts it will be fine. I talked with Forest River first ( Chuck Smith) who sent me to Ford for the final word. I should have this in writing tomorrow when I get back to work. I will be doing this on my MH, 352QS very soon. I will post the phone numbers for this very soon.
Jjouper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #2

Once you get the letter can you scan it and post so the rest of us can have it in writing also. Thanks in advance.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #3

Absolutely, that is the plan.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #4

Smile

Well,
I got the "we can't put that in writing we don't have a form for that" response. If you are thinking of doing the CHF to your coach call 1-800-444-3311 to talk with the Ford Motorhome Chassis hotline. They are very helpful unless you want it in writing.

That said, I was told twice now that if the factory equipment is adjusted to the inner most sway bar location that it will not void your warranty on the chassis. I don't know if a warranty issue will come up if you change the sway bar link by increasing the length or changing to the Hellwig adjustable ones. Didn't ask that question. I plan to try with the FORD factory parts since my MH is only a month old. I need a beer now....
Old 02-06-2015, 10:17 AM   #5

I am curious as to what type of sway people seem to be experiencing. I have a FR360 that handles quite nicely. Tracks straight and true at any speed and can steer with one finger. I wonder if some models have a weight distribution issue? When does the sway occur and what kind of motion does it have?
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I am curious as to what type of sway people seem to be experiencing. I have a FR360 that handles quite nicely. Tracks straight and true at any speed and can steer with one finger. I wonder if some models have a weight distribution issue? When does the sway occur and what kind of motion does it have?

The sway or actually leans during turns and when you are driving and have a cross wind.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Not familiar with this sway bar/pin location, however is it possible to use both inner and outer locations with an additional set of pins?
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
Not familiar with this sway bar/pin location, however is it possible to use both inner and outer locations with an additional set of pins?
You just move the "pins" from the outer sway bar holes to the inner on the front.
The back requires moving 2 brackets, 4 bolts on the back.

The reason it's called "Cheap Handling Fix" is it's free, only requires basic hand tools and make a BIG difference in the way your MH handles!
And is probably the easiest DIY you'll ever do.

Take a look at this thread.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...fix-62663.html

ab&jb
Old 02-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #9

X2 Iggy and ab&jb, don't forget the alignment and tire pressure. Makes all the difference in the world.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sway