Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #1

swivel seats?

We have a 2010 Georgetown 350 and was wondering if the drivers and or passengers seat can be fully turned around to face the living area, can't seem to figure out if this is possible, the seats will only turn so far.
rstoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:46 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Unless they changed something the best I've been able to do is have the two seats face each other across the engine hump.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #3

I have a 2009 Georgetown 374 and the passenger seat will turn around to 180 degrees to face backwards. The drivers seat will only turn 80 degrees to face the passenger seat. Having said that, you have to play with them to even turn them that far. They should require the design team to live in their designs for at least a week before they can be implimented into production.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #4

Wow, I turn my drivers seat all of the time on my 2005 Georgetown 359TS.

I tilt the steering wheel full up.
Put the armrests full down so they fit under wheel
Tilt seat back forward then turn. You have to slide fore and aft at times to clear the wheel. Makes a great easy chair.

The passenger aeat turns easily but because I have a chair right behind it, it is only useful at about 45 degrees.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Wow, I turn my drivers seat all of the time on my 2005 Georgetown 359TS.

I tilt the steering wheel full up.
Put the armrests full down so they fit under wheel
Tilt seat back forward then turn. You have to slide fore and aft at times to clear the wheel. Makes a great easy chair.

The passenger aeat turns easily but because I have a chair right behind it, it is only useful at about 45 degrees.

Bill
Ditto bend302 comments.

We have a 2010 378TS. Both seats turn 180 degrees. As above, you must pull chair seatback all the way forward with the full chairs positioned all the way forward to the dash; then, rotate the seats to degrees desired. Re-adjust the chair backs and full chair position once rotated.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #6

I have a 2010 Georgetown 379. My driver seat will turn around and face backward but the passenger seat appears to be mounted too close to the side wall to allow it to make any turn at all. I wish they would have check this during seat mounting as it would be better for this seat to be able to turn around. Good luck.
Burr Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #7

Well I have a new 360 and I spent a half an hour trying to figure out how to get the seats around...on the drivers side you would have to take off the steering wheel.. They only will turn on quarter of the way. What was FR thinking...oh...that's it...they wern't.
This is very annoying.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #8

Unhappy seats frustrated me to no end

I have a Georgetown 330, and neither seat would swivel. The driver's seat would go about 1/4 of the way and hit the steering wheel and the pass. seat was too close to the wall and would not turn at all.

At first I thought I would re-drill the mounting holes for the base, but on closer look, the holes have a steel reinforcement between the upper and lower floor sections that can not be repositioned, so that was not an option, since the sections would compress together when bolted down again due to lack of strength .

My solution was to get 2 more seat slides and mount them at 90 degrees to the original ones. This allows the seats to slide both front to back and side to side. You can move the seat which ever way it needs to go while rotating it to clear things.

Both seats are now able to swivel to face into the motor home with the back facing the window with no problems.
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #9

Ditto on our 2011 374 both seats turn 180.
jmduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #10

Drivers seat 180 degrees, Passenger seat only turns sideways because of the dinette immediatly behind it.

I am intrigued by "Georgetown" post with the additional seat slide modification. Can you post a picture or two? I am having a hard time seeing this in my mind. It sure would be nice to have our passenger seat turn fully.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #11

I don't think you can do much about the dinette situation. Ours had the tub chair behind the pass. seat, which was unbolted from the floor when the floor was replaced (that's another story) and I put a different base on it so that it is movable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seats1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	6376   Click image for larger version

Name:	seats2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	6377   Click image for larger version

Name:	seats3.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	6378  
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
Sherlock

We have a 2012 378ts & both seats turn all the way around. You must however put the drivers seat down first which is the mistake most people make as they din't know it will go down.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkatronron View Post
Well I have a new 360 and I spent a half an hour trying to figure out how to get the seats around...on the drivers side you would have to take off the steering wheel.. They only will turn on quarter of the way. What was FR thinking...oh...that's it...they wern't.
This is very annoying.
The drivers seat is pretty much useless, even for driving… The tilt wheel wont come down far enough.

But our passenger seat will do a 180, although when it’s just the 2 of us I leave it facing forward.
I like to face forward with my feet on the dash drinking coffee and watch the critters, before JB (dw) gets up.

ab
Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #14

swivel seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Susan View Post
Drivers seat 180 degrees, Passenger seat only turns sideways because of the dinette immediatly behind it.

I am intrigued by "Georgetown" post with the additional seat slide modification. Can you post a picture or two? I am having a hard time seeing this in my mind. It sure would be nice to have our passenger seat turn fully.
i have a 378ts model and the seats go all the way around,they face couch,and tv.took me a few try,s but they do.i have only used them 2 times when we had alot of people in there.
petey is offline   Reply With Quote