Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 07:17 PM   #1

Table between driver/passenger

We have a 2017 GT 36B5 that we got back from the roof recall last weekend. Our table between the driver and passenger seat disappeared in the time it was gone so they sent a replacement. Only problem is that the replacement doesn’t have the hole in the bottom of the table to put the post in.

Could someone with a 2017 post a snapshot of the bottom of theirs so I can see if there is any metal bracing they add and then also provide the radius and depth of the cut? I’d like to take care of it on my own if I can.

Thanks
sleepybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #2

We have a 2018 but I’m guessing they are the same. I’m sure the diameter of the poles are standard. I’ll take a pic tonight.
KWhite2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #3

I’ll take a photo but I just remembered that we can’t even separate the pole from the table!! We tried to pull them apart the other day. Was your old one separate? Where did you store it while driving?
KWhite2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #4

We didn't follow the instructions and just left it in place while driving so I never paid attention to how the pole was attached to the tabletop.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:55 AM   #5

If you have a small circular table like mine, the pole fits into the fitting similar to the one on the floor. The only difference is that the table fitting rises above the table (on bottom side) and the floor fitting is recessed. See table pic provided.

FYI, pole is a separate part from table or either fitting. They all just fit together on a taper. Some may have lost their energy to separate if really tightly pushed together -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	table.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	169597  
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #6

Thanks much guys. Will be much easier than trying to countersink the table.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:28 PM   #7

I always thought the tabletop was mounted to the pole. It has always come out as one. I'll have to look into this. I've also thought about making my own table that's rectangular vs round with a catch rail around the edge
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #8

I am away from our coach, 2016 335DS, and need to know the diameter of the pole mount for the cockpit table. I believe it is 2 3/8", but I'm not 100% sure.

If it is convenient for anyone to measure the diameter I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

John
Outtahere100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #9

At Least you got yours back in a week they had my recall on the roof for four months I’m supposed to pick it up tomorrow if all is missing is a pole for the table I’ll be happy but as far as things go I think I have a big disaster the way they got it
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #10

You wonder how the table disappeared when they were working on the roof.. Sounds fishy to me
Old 07-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #11

I had a really long list of other warranty stuff, including an electrical issue in the main console on the dash. I expect they took the table out to work on the console and it never made it back in.

And yes, they took ours in mid-December. We didn't get it back until late April, so they had it 4 months for us too.

FYI - they didn't re-install the sliding door that separates the master bedroom or the one in the back bath. Both separated from the ceiling shortly after we got it back. It is going back today to have that fixed along with a couple other things since our warranty expires at the end of this month.