Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2015, 02:55 AM   #1
Old Timer Newbie

Tank Flush System

I have a '15 Georgetown 378XL that I'm still 'breaking in' and I have some questions about the Tank Flush Valve. As usual, the documentation for this is less than adequate and the dealer is no help. I can see that I would just connect the hose to it but my questions are as follows:

1) Does this flush the grey water tank, the black water tank, or both?
2) Is there actual pressure involved when using this or would it be just the same as flushing a lot of clean water down the toilet or into the sinks and shower?
sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #2

Are you asking about the Flush valve where the water hose connects? or the valve that releases the water from the tanks?

If you are asking about the connection for the water hose....it connects to a set of "jets" that spray water into the BLACK water tank. it actually sprays the walls as well as fill the tank with water if you need to flush before the black tank is at least 3/4 full.
It does not put water into the grey tank that holds shower, and sink water.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #3

The on board Black Tank Flush only flushes out the Black tank, not the Grey tank. So you attach a hose to the inlet and under pressure the water goes through a back flow prevention valve, then into the black tank. Because of this valve it needs to be under pressure, then inside the tank are nozzles that spray water inside the tank. This is way better than just running more water down the toilet and does a great job of flushing out the tank.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

I does work great and when flushing you can close the valve and have it flushing and filling up the black tank but always and I mean always do not forget and get side tracked. If you do there could be a real black mess in the bathroom. Once I start flushing I go inside and watch the monitor and when 2/3 or full I then go pull the handle and let her flow. I do this a couple times after each dumping and do not have any issues with my monitor readings.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
I does work great and when flushing you can close the valve and have it flushing and filling up the black tank but always and I mean always do not forget and get side tracked. If you do there could be a real black mess in the bathroom. Once I start flushing I go inside and watch the monitor and when 2/3 or full I then go pull the handle and let her flow. I do this a couple times after each dumping and do not have any issues with my monitor readings.

Risky. I know I'd eventually get distracted and forget, so I follow directions and keep the valve open!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank