Old 05-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #1

Tempur-Pedic Mattress

Has anybody figured out a way to put a Tempur-Pedic Mattress in a 378TS with the short, RV, queen bed? I really don't want to buy one and then try to cut it to length. We've tried the foam topper stuff and it just ain't the same.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We did the Select Comfort Mattress, short Queen size. Got a good deal at Camping World a few years ago but you can now buy them direct from Select Comfort. Here's a link if interested.

Sleep Number® RV Mattress Deluxe by Sleep Number

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #3

We also replaced our mattress with a Sleep Number mattress in our 378.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #4

kvtaylor, I noticed in the sleep number website they have a short queen, but our 378TS has a radius short queen. I assume yours does to. If you got a regular short queen, how does it fit on the radius platform, and when you close the slide?

Thanks,
Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #5

We didn't put in a Tempur-Pedic, but did put in a full queen (60 x 80) memory foam mattress we ordered from Sam's Club. How did we get it to fit? Well, the fabric headboard started to come loose so I removed it. We don't miss it a bit and gained a couple inches of space for the mattress. When we close the slide, it does compress the mattress a little, but hey, it's memory foam. It springs right back. With the slide open, we still have room to walk around the bed. We actually prefer it to the Sleep Number bed we have at home and it was a fraction of the price!
Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
kvtaylor, I noticed in the sleep number website they have a short queen, but our 378TS has a radius short queen. I assume yours does to. If you got a regular short queen, how does it fit on the radius platform, and when you close the slide?

Thanks,
Forrest
The sleep number mattress is a little longer than the original. I just figured out how much longer I needed the plywood piece to be and added 8" for overlap and scewed it to the existing plywood making sure I got the proper length screw so they didn't go thru. I made the add on the same width as the original. Works great.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #7

I bought a short queen sleep number and loved it, fit in our 08 378ts with no issues, cut a hole on the back side for the pump power to plug in and hid all the other items under the bed, getting ready to buy a king one now for the new mh
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post

Thanks,
Forrest
Our mattress was purchased used (one year old)from another Georgetown owner who had purchased a Diiesel pusher and could not use it. It fits perfectly. when the slide does come in, I see a little squash on the end of the bed. Nothing to be alarmed about because the base is the same as before. The compressor is located in the area towards the wall of the motorhome (area is covered with plywood). I made an opening for the air lines and another hole for the plug on the far side of the bed near the rear of the motorhome. We have had no problems with the mattress in our 378. Its a whole lot better than what came with the coach. We still use our topper over the mattress.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote