Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #1

Terrible leaking!!!!!

Quick recap: just purchased 2014 Georgetown 351ds. Went camping last weekend to find we have a major leak that has been brewing for sometime in the bunk area (back slide). Called the dealer and they cannot get it in for 2 weeks. At this point in concerned with long term damage. Does anyone know how dealers and FR handle this??
Campingmomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 AM   #2

You were just told how the dealer handles it, in two weeks.

As for FR I would imagine they want you to bring it to them and they will work on it at the prearranged time.

Or you might get an independent RV repair guy who will come to you and if FR has agreed will refund you for the cost of the independent repair.

IF FR does not agree then the cost is on you.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #3

If you can't get it to a Georgetown dealer then ensure you get in touch with Forest River and tell them the problem so that you are on record. You can find the name and number of the persons at Forest River by doing a search on this website. You are absolutely under warranty and you want to get a leak fixed as soon as possible. We had a slide leak and I watched the dealer who did the repair to see how he found it. It was pretty easy, he just closed all the windows and doors and turned on both fantastic fans full drawing air into the coach to pressurize it. He then went to the areas where he suspected the leak and using soapy water spray looked for bubbles exiting the slide. Found it in about a minute and a half! When the slide was assembled they forgot to caulk one of the exterior corners. Fixed and no new leaks.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
If you can't get it to a Georgetown dealer then ensure you get in touch with Forest River and tell them the problem so that you are on record. You can find the name and number of the persons at Forest River by doing a search on this website. You are absolutely under warranty and you want to get a leak fixed as soon as possible. We had a slide leak and I watched the dealer who did the repair to see how he found it. It was pretty easy, he just closed all the windows and doors and turned on both fantastic fans full drawing air into the coach to pressurize it. He then went to the areas where he suspected the leak and using soapy water spray looked for bubbles exiting the slide. Found it in about a minute and a half! When the slide was assembled they forgot to caulk one of the exterior corners. Fixed and no new leaks.

Oh great! Thanks for your story. I'm just sick about this. I wouldn't have even found it then if I hadn't been laying in one of the bunks. The kids would have never noticed it. There are just so many items on my punch list. I worry the list is never going to stop.
Campingmomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #5

Can you get to the roof to see where it's coming from. How about taking a look at the slide seals especially the one under the slide awning. It may be something simple.

Tags
leak