Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Arvicru

Thanksgiving trip

Hello to all,
Heading to Stevensville, MT. tomorrow morning from Ontario, CA. Stopping in Zion National Park and Idaho Falls on the way. Weather is supposed to be decent with some showers and light snow. Happy Holidays to everyone.
Arvicru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #2

Snow levels down here should only get down to 7000 feet so the pass should be good but I've seen quite a bit of snow in northern Nevada. Drive safe and have fun.

wneise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
Arvicru

Will do..Thanks for the input.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #4

We are heading to Clermont FL tomorrow morning stopping overnight somewhere in the middle. Need to figure out where to get our propane bottle filled before we stop. This is going to be our first long trip. Can't wait to see how the cheap handling fix along with the rear track bar feel. We also have the scan gauge and the McNally GPS as companions.

Be safe and Happy Holydays!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Arvicru

You as well.

Thanks,
Old 11-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Always Learning

Al, where are you staying in Clermont?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #7

Our favorite park is Hillsborough, but you have to book it a year in advance especially for holidays. The only park we could find with availability was one off of 27 south. The wife booked it and I can't recall, but I think it is Lake Magic.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #8

We are heading for San Diego to camp on the beach for a couple weeks. IF WE CAN GET OUT OF THE SNOW HERE! at 9000' in the Rockies
onetexasoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetexasoldman View Post
We are heading for San Diego to camp on the beach for a couple weeks. IF WE CAN GET OUT OF THE SNOW HERE! at 9000' in the Rockies
Same here, we were planning on heading to Tucson for the week, (from north of Denver) but the winter storm in New Mexico all weekend is putting that plan on pause. Might have a better chance oh heading over the Rockies to Utah.
mdimarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #10

I am having the same problem with this storm. I guess Monday and prob going the same way you are. From my house I can get to Breckenridge on the back roads during the summer but the switch backs going into there are killers.
We lived in Tucson for 20 years retired from Raytheon.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #11

Quote:
I am having the same problem with this storm. I guess Monday and prob going the same way you are. From my house I can get to Breckenridge on the back roads during the summer but the switch backs going into there are killers.
We lived in Tucson for 20 years retired from Raytheon.
Oh, good'ole Breckenridge. I spent nearly a year at Lowry AFB and we used to rent a cottage at Breckenridge here and there. Good times good times

I worked for Lockheed for 13 years after the military.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
Arvicru

Made it to Zion, hit light to medium rain pretty much all the way. But the wind in some spots was really bad in certain areas. Also had a couple of mild hiccups. The sheet metal on the inside of the fender pulled off and made a horrendous noise. I ended up having to cut it off and will have to get it replaced when I get back. Then when we got into Zion I got a back-in spot and scraped up the bottom of the same fender on a rock I didn't see (little irritated about that). Other than that all is good a little chilly though.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #13

Sorry to hear of the damage! But at least you can start a conversation with " there I was, the wind was whipping, the sheet medal was flying... Or maybe grab a beer and be glad this day is done. A few years ago I found a rock as well and was really pissed at myself and the damage it caused!
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #14

Lots of fun discussion but no one has answered your question.

I like flying J for propane. You get a discount with their RV Loyalty Card and maybe Good Sam Card and they are always easy access for MH.

Pilotflyingj.com will show locations and price on fuel and propane.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #15

Quote:
I am having the same problem with this storm. I guess Monday and prob going the same way you are. From my house I can get to Breckenridge on the back roads during the summer but the switch backs going into there are killers. We lived in Tucson for 20 years retired from Raytheon.
Wife and kids didn't want to wait, and we only have a week, so We chose the I80 route through Wyoming. Cold but clear up here. Figure we'll swing through SLC tomorrow and hit Zion on Monday.
mdimarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
Arvicru

Made it to Montana last night after a quick overnight stop in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho on Sunday. Soaked in the hot springs and left Monday morning. Took the I15 to the 33 to 93 and over the pass. Could not believe how many dead deer I saw on the road after coming out of the pass. Every 1/4 mile there was a dead deer or remnants of one. Anyways made it safely but both front tires are making a clicking noise, believe it is the center caps. Only thing that has me a little concerned is when I lift the tires of the ground and spin them, no sound? When the tires have weight on them the clicking is there. I know there are quite a few threads on this subject. Happy Holidays everyone
Old 11-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Lots of fun discussion but no one has answered your question.

I like flying J for propane. You get a discount with their RV Loyalty Card and maybe Good Sam Card and they are always easy access for MH.

Pilotflyingj.com will show locations and price on fuel and propane.

Bill
Thanks Bill. Wish we knew it before our trip. We actually stopped at the Tennessee visitors center and they were very helpful. They pointed us to a KOA ground that had propane 24/7. We filled up and enjoyed a warm night.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #18
Arvicru

Made it back home to Ontario, CA. this evening. Had a great time on the trip, other then the 15 frwy/parking lot from Vegas to Devore. Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving and continues to have a good/blessed holiday season.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #19

Well we made it thru all that the day before Thanksgiving and missed most of the traffic there. Spent the 4 days on camp Pendleton beach with friends was great no one was there couldn't beleive it. Now going to Silver Strand Beach in coronado/san diego till the weekend
I see it is snowing at my house in co
Old 12-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #20

I caught the 15 South traffic coming off the 40 from AZ yesterday too - took us almost 2 hours to get home (Norco) from Victorville, just brutal!
ttincali is offline   Reply With Quote