Old 06-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
I just came back from an 8 hour round trip with my new 364. I understand the shake, rattle, and roll but what really sets me on edge are the creaks and squeaks.

I am starting this thread with the unrealistic hope that we can catalog squeaks and the fix. I included the 351 because it is essentially the same floor plan with one less bathroom.

Source: Passengers side window
Sound: Constant creaking
Test: Tried with window open or closed, no difference.
Solution: None found

If anyone can help, please jump in with solutions!
The front side windows on our 2014 - 351 rattled all the time while driving, didn't seem to matter how tight I closed them. I purchased some window insulation tape - sticky on one side, foam on the other. I think I bought the 1/4" wide. I put that in the window track all the way around and it made a significant difference! At least when closed, I never noticed too much of a rattle when the windows are open but I'll have to listen for that next time.

I was able to buy it at a local big box store (Menards) for a few bucks, I cut it to length and used a screwdriver to push it into place. While it's not 100% quiet, it's well over 90% tolerable!

Tom

2014 Georgetown 351DS, 5 kids, 2 dogs, and an amazing wife!

The Wandering Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
Modmike, interesting your reimbursement for the alignment was only if it needed adjustment. How in the world would you know it needed adjustment or not until it's on the rack or whatever alignment tool? Mine only required a minor adjustment, sent the receipt to Forest River and got reimbursed, never heard the it has to be out sort of thing.
That's what I was told. If you check the alignment and it's good, no refund. I have to say I am ok with this.

If they did the job right, why should they pay to have it checked?

Old 06-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #23
I Break Everything

...and clunks? We have a 351DS, 2015. The shock mounts were too short and made a clunking noise under the driver side seat. Took it in, repaired under warranty. If you have that "clunking" noise under your seat, go in right away before a shock becomes dislodged and shoots through the floor. Came from the factory like this, new.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:50 AM   #24

modmike, they didn't do any job right from what I understand. If it is in alignment it is simply dumb luck. My understanding is the chassis arrives from Ford and there is no way Ford knows the final weight or configuration of what will be placed on it, so no way it can be correctly aligned until after the build is complete and that Forest River does not do any alignment, hence the reimbursement within the first 6 months after purchase. If they did an alignment then why would they reimburse for it at all? It just doesn't seem right. All I'm saying is when I had my alignment completed there were no conditions placed on outcome. Simply go get it aligned send up receipt.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:02 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

On the drivers side window, I ran a double thick piece of electrical tape down back edge. Rattles stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
modmike, they didn't do any job right from what I understand. If it is in alignment it is simply dumb luck. My understanding is the chassis arrives from Ford and there is no way Ford knows the final weight or configuration of what will be placed on it, so no way it can be correctly aligned until after the build is complete and that Forest River does not do any alignment, hence the reimbursement within the first 6 months after purchase. If they did an alignment then why would they reimburse for it at all? It just doesn't seem right. All I'm saying is when I had my alignment completed there were no conditions placed on outcome. Simply go get it aligned send up receipt.
Could be. On the refund front, I appreciate you may have had a different experience than me but please believe me when I say that I called in for approval and got it subject to the alignment being off.

Cheers!
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:59 PM   #27

One thing I've learned is consistency is not in the Forest River Creed, but I expect that pretty much across the industry at these price points anyway.
Modmike, didn't mean to sound like I doubted you, that was not my intention.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickgt350 View Post
I can live with most squeaks however the one coming from our Furrion microwave/convection oven is awful. I want to stab my eardrums it is so bad. The problem is the noise is high pitched, loud, and constant regardless of road condition.

If anyone has any tips to reduce this squeak I would be so thankful!

I had a similar issue in my '2014 390bh, the solution for mine was to tighten the bolts in the cabinet above the microwave.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoclaws View Post
I have same issue. Sounds like friction between microwave and "styrofoam" sqeeking It wasn't t there from the get go but at Abt 10K miles it started I would think the support screws/bracket need tighten. I' not yet approached the problem to resolve Will inform when resolved
Issue was with 2 bolts needed tighten on top of unit. Carefully remove molding in cabinet. Floor/base of cabinet lifts up (tight fit). Square bit head used on drill and tightened. After 500. miles not a squeak or peep. Be patient and careful. When lifting the base/floor carefully lift it up like an elevator.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #30

Who Do I Contact for refund?