Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #1

The tv switch has only one line for both tv's

It must have a connector for both tv's does any one know where this connector is located? Thanks
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri View Post
It must have a connector for both tv's does any one know where this connector is located? Thanks
You need to tell us what year and model Georgetown you have.
On my 378 it is located underneath the passengers seat above the right front tire.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #3

It is a 2012 350. With the the storage instead of the bunks.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #4

Thanks I will go out and look when the sun comes up. Still dark in Omaha !
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #5

Nope not there, must be behind the VCR wall,
Old 09-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Nope not there, must be behind the VCR wall,
Did you see or find any coax under the rig ont he passengers side?
They do not put splitters hidden in the walls.
If you look again under the rig look for possible it wrapped in plastic covering or even tape.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #7

Will try again.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #8

TV Spliter 3 way

Quote:
Will try again.
I located the splitter 6 months ago looking for bad outside TV connection. It was a bear because it's locacted behind the Switch/DVD equipment compartment. I removed all the switch plates, TV/antenna booster and A/C outlet to gain access to that huge space behind. The sat feed cables, all three TV feeds, DC wiring and AC wiring are back there. Using mirrors and by "fishing" the coax cables I finally located the splitter and checked it out. There is an electrical schematic in the forums for this app. From this splitter you can take individual control of the three outputs. I think Iggy was refering to Coax leading to the right slide in a 378. That run comes down the windshield pillar, aft in the fwd end and out a telecoping tube to the fwd end of the slide for the large TV. I'm also in a 2012 378.
That large space covers the entire width of the coach, behind and below the cabinets
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
I located the splitter 6 months ago looking for bad outside TV connection. It was a bear because it's locacted behind the Switch/DVD equipment compartment. I removed all the switch plates, TV/antenna booster and A/C outlet to gain access to that huge space behind. The sat feed cables, all three TV feeds, DC wiring and AC wiring are back there. Using mirrors and by "fishing" the coax cables I finally located the splitter and checked it out. There is an electrical schematic in the forums for this app. From this splitter you can take individual control of the three outputs. I think Iggy was refering to Coax leading to the right slide in a 378. That run comes down the windshield pillar, aft in the fwd end and out a telecoping tube to the fwd end of the slide for the large TV. I'm also in a 2012 378.
That large space covers the entire width of the coach, behind and below the cabinets

WOW!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #10

Found the coax, but their is only one coax under their. I will look next behind the mid tv. There is. Access behind the tv in the bath.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri
Found the coax, but their is only one coax under their. I will look next behind the mid tv. There is. Access behind the tv in the bath.
Makes sense the splitter is close to where the ant, the Sat., and the cable converge and then head for the TV's. Right after the input switch, the output cable will lead to the splitter. My rig both ant. are close to the front cap. Therefore th splitter was just below
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #12

Good luck Newellri....I also had a ton of problems with my cable as a screw or something must of pierced the wire. I had the dealership look into it...twice but no joy. I finally just rewired the cable system myself which entailed rerouting everything through the 'basement' then up thru the passenger post and to the dvd/tv switch. Mine had another seperate wire to the rear bedroom tv leaving from the switch so I didn't have to rewire that one.
Anyway, I know this dosen't help your problem but just wanted to let you know I feel you pain.
VTX 1800 Scooter
BCRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #13

The problem is you can not use the cable or DVD with the back tv with their set up. I have added a dish set up and after using it all winter it has decided not to work. I have found a 5 into three converter box at camper world, but it won't help without finding both coaxes for each tv. Dealer told they had so much trouble wit FR tv control box that those without dish they just re wire them and throw the box away. Going home tomorrow will work on it some more. Might just have to run a new coax to the back tv.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Where is the VCR and single Coax? Originally I thought you were similar to a 378, but not so. I spotted the TV antenna and the Sat connection up on roof towards the front just behind the driver from a current 350 photo. Wherever your amplifier button is located and the input switch box (cable, TV ant., Sat/Aux) On the back of that switch lead called "output to TV is your target. That lead goes in to the splitter with three outputs on a Georgetown- Main, Bdrm, outside TV. Could be in a storage space fwd under ant. or in the midship TV connection area. Wherever you are switchin on amp that leads next to switch for input choice and then to splitter. Don't disable what you already have, someone later will want those features, maybe you.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #15

I agree on removing any component. The VCR, switch antenna and my dish hook up are all in a top front cabinet. The switch has only one tv coax coming out. Look underneath and can find only one coax going back. I have two tv inside one in the middle and one in the bedroom. I suspect the splitter will be behind the mid tv.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #16

We have been gone two weeks now and only work on when i can. Have been visiting kids and watching grand kids sports for two weeks and that didn't leave much time.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #17

Quote:
I agree on removing any component. The VCR, switch antenna and my dish hook up are all in a top front cabinet. The switch has only one tv coax coming out. Look underneath and can find only one coax going back. I have two tv inside one in the middle and one in the bedroom. I suspect the splitter will be behind the mid tv.
Just for the record, thats exactly the way mine was installed. On the end of about a 3' cable I found the splitter with three outputs, both fixed tv's and the outside setup. It may bot move when you tug the cable, mine was secured with one screw, out of sight of course, thats where the mirror and access opening come it. I don't remember who on this forum found it first, I had my doubts when I couldn't find it. Like I said it wasn't easy to do. Access is better during build! Mine now is just inside the back panel, secured with a ty rap for easy access. I also want to install a Selector box from Wingard, had one before, it was great to watch different inputs on different sets, not all the same. This splitter is key to the kingdom as you know. The drawing from the Forum shows all the components together like you describe only one more to locate. Follow that output cable it should be there somewhere.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #18

Thanks for the help. Wineguard has quit making the selector, but camper world has a copy by another company. FR has wired these Ina odd way and I don't think they could have saved any doing it that way! We had a 5 in 3 in our last MH and it worked slick.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks for the help. Wineguard has quit making the selector, but camper world has a copy by another company. FR has wired these Ina odd way and I don't think they could have saved any doing it that way! We had a 5 in 3 in our last MH and it worked slick.
Thanks for the note, I've previously downloaded the info on the distribution box, looks ID to the Camping World version. Haven't tried it yet cause mine his "Surround Sound" to the main TV. I don't want to lose it.
For yours if you get lucky all the cables you need will be centrally locaced to redistribute sources to sets. Good Luck! hope you find it this way, FR didn't really save anything except this box for say $70 bucks per unit, however it may not have been around a year or two ago. Mine was in a 2003 Coachmen from Winegard.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #20

I finally ran a new hdmi cable to my outside tv (my addition ) and it works good. I also put a ab switch on the tv I
Line and I do not get anything on the inside tv on dish. I yam puzzled.