Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2016, 05:12 AM   #1

Think you have and extended warranty? You might want to check.

If you purchased an extended warranty and have not used it you might want to check on it.
Took our MH in to have the hydraulic pump motor for the jacks replaced in January. When I called Guardian, (company the extended warranty was with) I was informed I had no contract with them.
Took three months of phone calls and emails to my dealer and Guardian to get a full refund. Each blamed the other for the problem. Turns out the dealer kept the money, never paid Guardian, and then only wanted to refund a prorated balance to me. Sounds like a scam to me but I can't prove it. I am still pressing for them to cover the $1500 repair bill on the jacks as well but have not got an answer on that yet.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #2

I have had an experience with an extended warranty not wanting to pay. This is exactly how I got them to pony up. Your problem is with the dealer but the approach will work for them too. First of all, always, always, always be polite and never lose your temper. After several calls to them with no action on their part I escalated my calls. I started calling random phone extensions and leaving my story on each one. Including the CEO when I figured out his phone extension. I spent about 3 or 4 hours over the course of about two weeks, leaving basically the same message over and over again. I filled up as many voice mails as I could until they figured out that I would not stop and I would wear them down until they paid the claim. I also explained that I was going to contact friends to call them too. I planned to clog their phone lines and I believe they could see I was serious. This was only over $400 but to me the principal was a bigger issue than the money. If you try this approach remember be factual and be polite. If you need help filling their voice mail boxes let me know.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty