Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #1

Tiffin??

Well I'm considering getting rid of my 2012 Georgetown 378. Looking at getting a DP forestriver as been good to us, but I'm considering a Tiffin wife wants a Charleston but I'm thinking Tiffin. Any thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 12-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #2

All the different brands have their problems. The problem with Tiffin is more than likely you will have to go to Red Bay AL for repairs or problems. I am not sure what your budget is, but you might want to look at the Newmars also.

My Berk has been really good to me. I had a few problems my first year of ownership, all taken care of at no cost to me. I really can't complain about it other than the DW and I were on different pages when it came to floor plan. She got what she wanted...

Old 12-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #3

Well, you know what they say about opinions...everyone has one. But you asked, so....

For my measure, I'd choose Tiffin over any other brand, IF they had a floor plan that we loved. However, they don't. I make that assessment based on talking to many folks, reading many forums, and most importantly spending a good bit of time looking at various Tiffin coaches. In terms of quality, I think they are hard to beat. But again, without the perfect floorplan, they are not on our short list.

When Tiffin starts making a mid-coach entry DP in the 36ft length, I'm all about it. But until then, The Legacy is first on our wish list.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #4

We have several friends that have the Phaeton model from Tiffin and love it. My wife loves it too, very nice interior finish. Buuuut, unless I was a full timer I would not spend that kind of money. GT made not be the top of the line but you get a lot of bang for the buck. But if your budget allows, move on up. The RV industry is not generally trouble free so problems occur with almost all makes. Tiffin is noted for really good service, but as somebody already stated, at their factory location in Alabama.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Grape Escape

We love our 2013 Tiffin 36LA. It's been trouble free. Having had a Rockwood tt and Cardinal 5th wheel we found nothing compared to the gas powered Tiffin. No you do not have to go to Red Bay for repairs just like any other brand unless it is a major fault.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #6

When you consider the difference in price points its an apples and oranges comparison. I would guess most or all Georgetown/Forest River motorized owners would take a Tiffin over there present rig if everything was equal, i.e. floor plan, amenities, length and PRICE. However, I would also guess that most of us landed up with our GT/FR because they do give you a heckava lot of features found on more expensive name plates at much lower cost(s).
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #7

I would not give up my Berk for a Tiffin. I spent months comparing the comparable Red to my current Berk. The fit and finish on the Berk is better in my opinion.

Now if Newmar made something equal in price to Berk I would.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
When you consider the difference in price points its an apples and oranges comparison. I would guess most or all Georgetown/Forest River motorized owners would take a Tiffin over there present rig if everything was equal, i.e. floor plan, amenities, length and PRICE. However, I would also guess that most of us landed up with our GT/FR because they do give you a heckava lot of features found on more expensive name plates at much lower cost(s).
x2
Old 12-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #9

Saw a 2013 Phaeton for sale at our local CampingWorld yesterday. 26k miles and the asking price of 195k was "negotiable" according to the salesman. Maybe he said 295, my hearing ain't what it used to be, haha. It was very nice inside of course.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #10

Dear Tiffin. We had a 2011 Open Road. Was pretty noisy and dark inside. We now have the Georgetown 378XL And we love it. The ride is so much nicer and the living area is so much bigger. We got an extra Euro Chair too. Kitchen is small but I hung copper bottom pans up on IKEA stainless pot bars and got individual round magnetic spice tins all along the top of glass tile back splash. It works great and looks great.