Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #11

The kit is execellent and works well.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
Did you try shortening the bar yet? I think I had to adjust mine just a bit. I also had to get some extra washers as they didn't provide enough. Between this mod and the front free mod mine drives a lot better.
Can't wait to drive it after I sort out the tiger trak. We are headed to FL in a few weeks and want it as comfy as possible.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
It really should be bolted directly to the frame rail NOT around it.
I agree with you, and that's the mind set I had when I crawled under to install it. The instructions are very vague, and it took me a while to realize that it gets clamped and not bolted through.

Like I said, I have to trust their design. I'm sure they have a good reason as to why it is the way it is.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I agree with you, and that's the mind set I had when I crawled under to install it. The instructions are very vague, and it took me a while to realize that it gets clamped and not bolted through.

Like I said, I have to trust their design. I'm sure they have a good reason as to why it is the way it is.

I would never trust my life to that, I could care less the name of the company.

Reason, how about money.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I would never trust my life to that, I could care less the name of the company.

Reason, how about money.
I can think of a lot of other more dangerous things that could happen that would put your life at risk while driving these rigs. Let's say, for whatever reason, that bracket came off while driving...well, it'll just dangle there. You'd probably won't even notice it unless you passed a semi and your body roll is back.

I'm no physics expert, but if you think about the design, it will be impossible for that bracket to come off. You'd have to snap a bolt and those bolts are beefed up.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #16

Quote:
I can think of a lot of other more dangerous things that could happen that would put your life at risk while driving these rigs. Let's say, for whatever reason, that bracket came off while driving...well, it'll just dangle there. You'd probably won't even notice it unless you passed a semi and your body roll is back.

I'm no physics expert, but if you think about the design, it will be impossible for that bracket to come off. You'd have to snap a bolt and those bolts are beefed up.

Without seeing any bolt sizes or grade listed I will guess the biggest is a 5/16 inch or metric equivalent.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #17

I'm still waiting for a response from Blue Ox on my install. I think I'm going to crawl under again to remove the bar and see about making it shorter. This time I will verify that the rig is level.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #18

Well, never got anything back from Blue Ox so I took it upon myself to fix it. I leveled the coach the old school way, but the bar was still too long. I had to cut about 3/4" off of the bar. Now I have enough adjustment to make it fit. The frame's bracket is now totally flat against the frame as it should. I'll have to post a pic later since photobucke is down for maintenance. There must be a tiny bit difference on the frame or axle for the 2014 models. Hopefully blue ox will catch on and send the bars already pre-cut or change the hole on the bracket.

Can't wait to drive it. One thing I noticed after doing the CHF is that on the same spot I parked the coach, now the front wheels come off the ground with auto level.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Well, never got anything back from Blue Ox so I took it upon myself to fix it. I leveled the coach the old school way, but the bar was still too long. I had to cut about 3/4" off of the bar. Now I have enough adjustment to make it fit. The frame's bracket is now totally flat against the frame as it should. I'll have to post a pic later since photobucke is down for maintenance. There must be a tiny bit difference on the frame or axle for the 2014 models. Hopefully blue ox will catch on and send the bars already pre-cut or change the hole on the bracket.

Can't wait to drive it. One thing I noticed after doing the CHF is that on the same spot I parked the coach, now the front wheels come off the ground with auto level.
If you did the sway bar mod and this you will notice the difference only on the open road.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #20

Awesome, good to know Iggy.

Tags
led