Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #1

Tiger Track Installed on 2014 351DS

I have to admit that it was a weird install. I would have thought the frame bracket would go around the frame or secured through the frame. Instead it's sandwiched on just the bottom part of the frame. It was all done per instructions. I'm sure it will hold, but it just doesn't look like it.

Anyone else has one of these with the same setup?

I also did the cheap front sway and can't wait to get on the road to see the difference it makes.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #2

Good picture. Looks just like my install.
I would double check the bolts again after a few trips.
All it is designed to make the rear suspension (leaf springs) more ridged with the frame and helps eliminate the tail wag when a semi passes.
That steel plate and bar is high strength steel and wont bent or break.
Good job!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TTD.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	42207   Click image for larger version

Name:	TTF.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	42208  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #3

Thanks for the picture Iggy. My one concern is that the adjustment on the bar had to go all of the way in order for the hole to line up with the frame bracket. Even with the bar adjustment all of the way in, I had to loosen up the bracket so I could tilt it back (away from the bar) so that the holes would line up. I then torqued everything and that's how it turned out which is not totally flat against the bottom of the frame. It's almost as if the bar they sent me was too long. Yours looks totally flat against the bottom of the frame. If I would initially tighten the frame brackets totally flush, then I had about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch too far forward and the holes wouldn't line up. I wonder if something changed in the 2014 frames because on all of the other pictures I've seen you could actually see threads on the bar adjustment and mine had to be all of the way in and still needed a bit more. Hope it makes sense.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4

Here is a close up of the frame's bracket. You can clearly see the bracket not flush and tilted back a bit. I emailed Blue Ox to make sure it will be okay.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Thanks for the picture Iggy. My one concern is that the adjustment on the bar had to go all of the way in order for the hole to line up with the frame bracket. Even with the bar adjustment all of the way in, I had to loosen up the bracket so I could tilt it back (away from the bar) so that the holes would line up. I then torqued everything and that's how it turned out which is not totally flat against the bottom of the frame. It's almost as if the bar they sent me was too long. Yours looks totally flat against the bottom of the frame. If I would initially tighten the frame brackets totally flush, then I had about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch too far forward and the holes wouldn't line up. I wonder if something changed in the 2014 frames because on all of the other pictures I've seen you could actually see threads on the bar adjustment and mine had to be all of the way in and still needed a bit more. Hope it makes sense.
You may have to shorten the round bar to reduce the length.
Mine was as short as it could go on my rig.
Also make sure you are on level ground before tightening and finalizing everything.
That is my only suggestion

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #6

I'm sorry to say that frame bracket is a POS.

What did they stiff ya for that?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #7

Did you try shortening the bar yet? I think I had to adjust mine just a bit. I also had to get some extra washers as they didn't provide enough. Between this mod and the front free mod mine drives a lot better.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I'm sorry to say that frame bracket is a POS.

What did they stiff ya for that?
Why is the bracket a POS? It's just the bar is too long and it's not sitting flat against the frame. I'm sure other have the same bracket and works fine. It is odd how they design it, but I have to trust Blue Ox and they seem to be a reputable company.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Why is the bracket a POS? It's just the bar is too long and it's not sitting flat against the frame. I'm sure other have the same bracket and works fine. It is odd how they design it, but I have to trust Blue Ox and they seem to be a reputable company.

It really should be bolted directly to the frame rail NOT around it.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You may have to shorten the round bar to reduce the length.
Mine was as short as it could go on my rig.
Also make sure you are on level ground before tightening and finalizing everything.
That is my only suggestion
Good call Iggy. The coach is on a new pad we had poured and I know it has a downhill slope since the auto leveling does crank up the front side quite a bit. Not sure if it slopes to the side which would make the frame not leveled with the axle. I did the install with the levelers retracted, do you think I should let it auto level and then try it...or maybe not because I think the levelers pick up the frame and not the axle. That would put the axle too far away...maybe. The adjustment on the bar was as far in as I could go with the lock nut in place. Without the lock nut, it fits perfect...but it needs to be there. I guess the other option is to cut the bar in about 1/2".

Also, you seem to have a lot of experience with these rigs. What's the preferred method for letting it sit over the winter? Levelers down or up? I'm guessing with them down it will be easier on the tires.

Tags
led