Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
Got it installed. Getting the 3 bolts out was the worst part. I finally got them thru using some brute force. My kit was missing 4 of the six big washers but I was able to find them locally.

I won't be able to get it out to see how it does for a few weeks. I'm still thinking of doing the cheap fix on the front before then too.
I also had the exact same kit missing the 4 large washer.
I went to home Depot and bought them for 40 cents a piece.
Blue OX was willing to mail me them but it would take 4 to 5 days.
You'd expect that the price of these few parts they could double check what they throw in the bag. I called and they could have cared less.
So, if you buy this kit for your Georgetown check the bag of parts first before starting the job.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #22

Arrow

I did the cheap handling fix on the front before going up to Sault Ste Marie a few weeks ago and it handled very well although we could still feel the big trucks and wind gusts and even though they where not bad we may still get the Trak Bar.

...My biggest problem was all the bugs that decided to commit suicide on our gigantic front end!!!

LOL...
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #23

I was missing large washers also.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #24

I'm going to do the cheap handling fix on the rear. Had to order new bushing because mine were shot.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #25

Crawled under to attempt the CHF on the front and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I'm going to get a safe T steer or something when I can later anyway.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #26

I just did the CHF .30mins tops super easy and did notice a big diffrence in handling and atleast 5mph faster on turns.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
2012 Georgetown 378

I did the cheap fix a couple of months ago and saw some improvement. Just did a front end alignment and wow, tons better. seems like the combination of both fixes really improved handling. I was toed out over a half inch on each side. So bad that the inside of the tires were slightly scalloped and I only have 3700 miles. that explains why I was sawing the wheel to try to go straight and would over correct when I did. Alignment at a truck tire dealer cost $109.00

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #28

When I looked at the front after getting the first bolt loose it didn't appear to me that after i'd have gotten the second one out that it would move to the inner hole.

I'm still looking for a closer place to inquire about a alignment. I don't know if I need one but I wouldn't mind doing it to exclude it. I'm north of Indianapolis near Anderson, IN and the RV shops are on the south side of Indianapolis.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #29
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
When I looked at the front after getting the first bolt loose it didn't appear to me that after i'd have gotten the second one out that it would move to the inner hole.

I'm still looking for a closer place to inquire about a alignment. I don't know if I need one but I wouldn't mind doing it to exclude it. I'm north of Indianapolis near Anderson, IN and the RV shops are on the south side of Indianapolis.
I know what you mean, it worried me a little as well..but just be sure you are on level ground, left to right. if the coach is leaning in either direction it is a little tougher but not impossible. you will be glad you did the change.
Any tire repair shop that does trucks can do the alignment. I do not know of any RV shop set up to do the alignments. FR paid for mine.

Ray

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #30

Did the chf on the front this morning. Thank god I had some help. No way I could have gotten it done alone. I'm still poking around for a close truck shop to do a alignment just for peace of mind.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #31

Thought I would reply today that the changes made a huge difference.