Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #1

Tile Floor on GeorgetownXL 369DS

We have a 2017 369DS.We had 4 tiles brake before we had it 6 months and have serveral cracked now and we were told the warranty was out on it and we would have to replaced them on our on. Has anyone else had this problem.Someone told my wife that if you are having problems before the warranty that FR woul back the warranty after .Does anyone know?
johnnynsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #2

Sorry for the mess,we bought a 2016 georgetown 378ts,there were some tiles cracked while still at dealer after a lot of discussion they finally agreed to fix it,well it turned out that according to the dealer they were installed wrong at factory and all tiles had to be removed and replaced.It has now been a year and all tiles are still doing great.
Wolfen1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #3

Have a 2016 369xl. Took delivery 2/16. In 4/17 FR okey 5 tiles to be replaced. Dealer ordered 7 & gave me the other 2 for spares @ NC.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #4

My 377ts came with a box of extra tiles. So far haven’t needed them after 2 years. Knock on wood.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #5

A friend of mine bought a 378 in 2014, the same week we bought a 377. He had tile troubles almost immediately, along with a lot of other issues. We’ve had no issues with the tiles after over 3 years of full timing and very few other minor issues. You can never be sure what you’ll run into with a new coach. We’ve been happy with ours so far. Good luck!
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #6

We have a 2016 350TS with tile. Ours came with spares but fortunately have not had to use as of yet. I really think if we ever had to replace, the DW would insist we remove all and replace with a wood laminate or something(she loves floating vinyl) of the sort. Besides who wouldn't want to remove excess weight as the 350 is a slug going down the highway.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #7

Tile floor on Georgetown XL

During the Frog rally of 2016, we went for a tour of the Forest River plant.
I saw the porcelin tiles being installed without a cement board underlayment. Seemed strange to me since a motor home has many compound stress loads.
We went to the THOR factory and watched them install the cement board.
I asked Newmar why they used cement board as the underlayment. Their answer was "we use cement board just as you do in a home. If we didn't, the tiles would crack."
Quest9914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #8

Cracked Tiles

When we forgot to put the ropes across front of refrigerator had some jars fall out and crack a tile. Ordered some from local dealer at $110 a piece and I put in even though they didn't exactly match in color or size (happens because lots differ). Dealer wouldn't return as it was a special order. Other than the dropped jar issue, no real problems after nearly four years.
FarGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #9

I have since learned to install properly you must use a flexable silicone thin set and also the silicone flexable grout because of the amount of movement the floor goes through during your driving
Wolfen1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #10

Cracked toles

Our 2014 377ts XL tiles cracked soon after we bought it. Took it to the dealer and Forest River okay ‘d the repair. The wrong thin set had been used as well not using a flex grout. They replaced all the cracked tile and reset all the tiles with proper thin set and grout in the living and bath areas. Haven’t had any problems in three and a half years.
rparker3040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #11

Cracked Tiles

Bought my 369 new in may of 2016, the tile had something on it from factory and both myself and dealer could not get if off. After almost a year FR agreed to replace floor and sent someone down to dealer to look at it. They also found some cracked tiles that I has not seen. The dealer service manager told me FR had issues with their tiles flooring cracking and was looking to get away from it. If I was you I would call FR and talk to someone there.
altaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #12

We bought our 2017 369 in April of this year and it had at least 6 cracked tiles. The dealer finally replaced most of them in October and we have to put up with the rest. This floor looked great on the 369 that we looked at in Bartlett, IL and we were very surprised to see the floor when we received our 369 in Fargo, ND.
campbell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:52 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
Grout coming up

My 2016 369 Black Diamond has been loosing grout more and more the past year. All n just the kitchen area where a couple of tiles are popping up.

Anyone else with this version know the grout color/mfg that would match? I’ve seen the posts about silicone style and that seems like a good idea. Also saw a tv ac for flex seal glue! Sounds perfect for an RV floor.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #14

Has anyone ever thought about removing(and also removing) their tile for weight considerations in their GT XL? I have been kicking around the idea to replace with floating vinyl. I have a bundle of replacement tiles that are so heavy that I have to put in multiple stacks to move around - and no I don't carry them in our coach

My coach is such a slug when accelerating onto a freeway - I hat to see what it can(or cannot do) when going up a side of a mountain this year when we begin some of our traveling adventures.

I guesstimated that I have about 40 I can easily replace...and that's a lot of weight I could free up. All thoughts at this point.

Good thoughts or bad thoughts?
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Has anyone ever thought about removing(and also removing) their tile for weight considerations in their GT XL? I have been kicking around the idea to replace with floating vinyl. I have a bundle of replacement tiles that are so heavy that I have to put in multiple stacks to move around - and no I don't carry them in our coach

My coach is such a slug when accelerating onto a freeway - I hat to see what it can(or cannot do) when going up a side of a mountain this year when we begin some of our traveling adventures.

I guesstimated that I have about 40 I can easily replace...and that's a lot of weight I could free up. All thoughts at this point.

I don't see any problem with it, but you may have to cut some of the tile if they are under cabinets and such. I'm pretty sure FR has stopped (or is stopping) putting tile in GTowns. I was told at the plant, that the frame has too much flex and is the cause of broken tile and popping grout.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post

My .02c worth. I have the 369xl with tile as well. After moving the spare tiles that came with it I was surprised at how much they weigh. I would guess that they easily add 1000lbs plus to the carry weight.
Prior to this rig I had a 2014 mh with a sheet vinyl floor which my wife did not like. I looked into having it replaced with floating vinyl plank. I had several mixed comments from dealers. A couple felt it was a bad idea since it is floating and the rig flexes which could cause the floor to move or shift.
I live in Florida and did find a couple of dealers who do custom RV work. 1 was in Lakeland and the other on the east coast, both recommended glue down vinyl plank. However, the price was staggering. 1 quoted $4200 and the other $5000. No way was I going to spend that kind of money for a new floor just to cover my 2 year old floor,but wanted to keep wife happy. Hence, a new coach.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #17

FROG Rally

Go to the FROG Rally in Goshen, IN this summer. See Kevin Stratton. They will bend over backwards to fix many of your problems. They fixed my broken steps, replaced a TV that would not get HD, worked on my slide out issue, and gave me 4 floor tile, with grout, to do on my own.

I cannot thank them enough. Signup is in the near future. Last year they sold out in 23 hours. Got to be quick on the computer to signup though.

We had the most wonderful time meeting fellow RV'ers too.
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru1 View Post
Go to the FROG Rally in Goshen, IN this summer. See Kevin Stratton. They will bend over backwards to fix many of your problems. They fixed my broken steps, replaced a TV that would not get HD, worked on my slide out issue, and gave me 4 floor tile, with grout, to do on my own.

I cannot thank them enough. Signup is in the near future. Last year they sold out in 23 hours. Got to be quick on the computer to signup though.

We had the most wonderful time meeting fellow RV'ers too.

Update: FR got back to me and said grout is available from their distributors.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #19
Georgia Gets Around

For anyone trying to get this repair done, the grout used can be ordered from Lowes. We have the almond color tile and the grout used was color mushroom.

9-lbs Mushroom Urethane Premixed Grout
Item #:112543 Model #: 11-201-02-01 $73.60 2 $147.20
this stuff sets like cement so clean carefully as you go.

We have had no joy with this tile. First time grout was redone due to excessive crumbling, the tile idiots used regular grout. Which fell out immediately. So back to the dealer it went and I provided the correct grout. That time it had a heavy haze that I worked on for months to remove. The tile has also really cracked under the bedroom cabinets and those have to be removed to replace them. There are a lot of popped tiles in front of the bed due to a plywood seam that really bucks and twists (I was told). I give up. Living with it. (And more grout is crumbling out)
I think vinyl is the way to go.

Tags
floor, georgetown