Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 02:21 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
Ohh... I just noticed also that the TireTech system does not have the "Anti-Theft" feature that the TST system has. This could be a pro or a con depending on your point of view. I seriously considered removing the anti-theft casing from my TST sensors, but haven't yet.
TireTech On, DOES have "Anti-Theft". It is just different than TST. I'm sure the TST monitoring system is good, but so is TireTech. In a nut shell the idea is to get an alert when there is a problem and they both do that.

I am not promoting either system; just saying what works for me. Will say there is a big difference in price for the system and the senors.

http://www.amazon.com/TireTech-On-TP.../dp/B00HEP4LTU
Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #42

Ok, so those of you will all the bells & whistles on your dash, like the 507, gps, bully dog & phone charger. How are you plugging all this in. With today's modern age of electronics my GT only has one plug in at the console... Go figure...

I noticed the 507 has a plug in that consumes the entire outlet. Is there a USB conversion out there?

Mr. G

2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS
MrGrmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrmpy View Post
Ok, so those of you will all the bells & whistles on your dash, like the 507, gps, bully dog & phone charger. How are you plugging all this in. With today's modern age of electronics my GT only has one plug in at the console... Go figure...

I noticed the 507 has a plug in that consumes the entire outlet. Is there a USB conversion out there?

Mr. G

TPMS I have battery is good for 30 days on a charge. GPS built into the radio, charge phone when needed, MBS has two charge ports at console. Also use ports in coach when needed. Lots of ways to skin a cat .

And you could use one of these.
65412311598 - Dual USB Charger - ES#2602373
Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #44

I had the TireMinder (which is the same as the TireTech) for 3 years, I cussed the dang thing on every trip and it would lose the signal. Also you have to fiddle with pushing buttons while drive if you want to check PSI/Temp. Now I have TST thus far it has been flawless. The monitor automatically scrolls through all the tires, no more fiddling with button. .

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #45

Thanks for the insight.. My 507 hasn't arrived yet, so good to to know it will hold a charge and not costume the outlet....

Just trying to cover all the angles before the trip.

Mr. G

Old 10-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #46

Ok got the 507RV & love it. It easy to set up & use. The dealer air all my tires before purchase & I ha want needed to until now. The dual outside tire is very difficult to get access to. What type gauge & air chuck are you guys using?? Thanks
Old 10-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #47

Glad you like the 507 - got it, love it. I bought a digital air gauge for a couple of reasons. Got it at Walmart. Now to the air chuck. Only one to get IMO a straight lock on chuck. I got this one - CTA Tools 1930 Straight Lock-On Air Chuck. I have a fairly good compressor but it takes a couple of minutes to air up a soft tire. With this chuck I simply set the compressor auto off (notoriously inaccurate) and then attach this chuck. If you've ever had to add much air - it is awful sitting there holding on air chuck.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #48

Milton S506 Dual Head Inflator Gauge with 12" Air Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SRL20..._-qzewb8VXDSE8

This one has been perfect for me. Easy to get the inside. You can use it with or without air hooked up.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #49

Just read my post..😃😃😃😃 gotta love the spell check...

I'll have to give one of those a try. I don't have the cleanse to get my current air connection in.

Thanks

Mr. G

Old 10-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #50

Ok, just took an extended trip with the TST507RV. I was not that impressed. It worked fine for short local runs etc however out on the road I would loose signal to certain sensors for hours. Sometimes they would come back after a few hours or if I stopped they would come back. If you haven't experienced this, if you loose a sensor signal it give you a little beep every time the unit cycles through to that sensor. The little beep drives you crazy until you turn the system off which defeats the purpose of the unit.
Has anyone experienced this? I haven't called TPMS yet or troubleshoot the system as we just returned.

Mr. G

Old 10-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #51

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
One of the main reasons TST is so well recommended is their very high level of customer service. Although we could speculate why you experienced this issue, I feel you would be best served by calling TST directly.

Having said that, you could have low batteries in your sensors. Another possibility is the length of your vehicle may require the optional range extender/repeater that TST offers.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #52

I called TST customer service and she had me all fixed and working like a champ. Give them a call.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire