Old 02-09-2015, 12:07 AM   #11
My 2012 378XL I am running 100 in the back and 95 in the fronts, then again we are full timers and are loaded down. Also on our tires (same size) max pressure is 110lbs.

Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378XL
2015 Ford Taurus
Our Baby Dachshund
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #12
My sticker list front and rear pressure of 90psi. I assume that is adequate for the GVWR also listed on the sticker and not the "bare" chassis shipped from the Ford factory. No matter what type of body style is built on the chassis, the GVWR is the max load. I have kept my tires at 90psi for three years now and the coach tracks perfectly straight and handles great with no modifications.

I suspect that there may be substantial differences in weight distribution (both front to back and side to side) among the various models which may be affecting handling. I wonder if anyone has weighed their actual weight at each location (left/right and front/rear).

BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #13
Bill MFl wrote
I suspect that there may be substantial differences in weight distribution (both front to back and side to side) among the various models which may be affecting handling. I wonder if anyone has weighed their actual weight at each location (left/right and front/rear).

Besides the weightdifference R/L of up to 6% on an axle, its possible that this is crossed between the axles. So for instance front R more heavy and rear L more heavy.
This gives torsion in the frame wich compensates the real weight difference a little .
If you then would level the motorhome by some means , so R/L per axle on same hight for instance wheelcheelds, then then weigh again and you will find more weightdifference.

Once had contact with an American who pumped the tires to same deflection ( measured middle wheel to ground) and then came to LF 40 RF 45 psi
LR 55 RR 50 psi.
he then leveled the rear by filling up with something and the front from the inside with airsystem. Then found his RF and LR more deflected again.
With leveling he brought the torsion forces back to zero so real weight differences gave that more deflection on tires.

In my motorhome tire pressure spreadsheet in part 3 I also give that torsion in shape of weight difference-difference between front and rear.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #14
On my 2011 337DS the sticker is on the wall up behind the driver seat. It gives good information for 22.5" tires, my rig has 19.5" tires. I run 92psi all round which gives a good ride and is OK for the weights on front and rear axle as scaled.
John & Susan, Olivia the dachsaund
2011 Georgetown 337DS
Toad 2003 Dodge Dakota
Hampton Roads VA
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #15
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I had ours weighed and according to the Michelin tire chart we should have ours set at 90 pounds front and back. That is also what the sheet on the wall next to the drivers seat recommends. I put an extra 5 pounds in and run with 95 with good results.
2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:26 PM   #16
The Forest River rep told me to inflate to the specs on the tire or contact Ford.

2010 Georgetown 337 DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MarkAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:04 PM   #17
Please take note..........

The original post asked a question about tire pressure for their motorhome, and identified it as a 2010 Georgetown 337 DS.

Please do not direct them to look inside the driver or passenger door frame as might be found on a Class C or other motor vehicle. Class A motorhomes do NOT have such an entry point to reference.

Other Class A owners (including myself) can direct the original post member to look on the wall near the drivers seat, or look inside the cupboards nearest the drivers seat. These are the most common locations. In either case, these ARE only stickers, and could have been removed.

To assist further, the original post member should include the actual tire size from their rig. Then hopefully another member with the same rig and tires can assist correctly.

Advising someone to inflate to the pressure indicated on the sidewall of ANY tire is incorrect. Tires of any size can be used over any number of vehicles. The tire manufacturer does not specify this maximum pressure for your application, but just the actual tire's maximum pressure.

Let's be helpful together.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #18
I have a 2008 Georgetown 373DS ... does anyone know where the placard is in this MH? I've looked everywhere to include all cabinets, closets and near the driver/passenger seat and nothing. Thought there should be something to let me know the CCC and tire PSI. I run 22.5 tires at 90psi even though I haven't located any placard. Sorry if I hijacked this thread ... just didn't want to start another one on a related subject.

Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote

pressure, tire