Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #41

I'm laughing because I'm not sure where the connection was made that a monitor system is supposed to help you with a blow out or stop the coach quicker. Maybe I missed something on one of the previous posts.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #42

You don't need to check your tire pressure every day. Just a quick check before the trip is sufficient. I personally have only checked the tire pressure twice in 2 years. I think about a 2lb loss (run all at 90psi) is all I have found on a couple tires. Check with the big rig (18 wheeler) boys and see what they do. They run big tires. I have a TPMS system on my Mini as standard equipment but that is because it has Run Flat Tires (RFT) and there's no way to tell if there is a flat while driving. Notifies me to not exceed 110mph. For me, adding a TPMS to monitor my coach tires is not justifiable and just doesn't make sense and that, of course, is just my opinion. I'm done.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G View Post
I installed mine this weekend and they are great. Mine are a couple pounds different than my manual guage too, so I just compensated a couple pounds on the inflation. The manual says there is a couple of pound +- tolerance on the unit.
Will be installing my 507's early next week (ordered them today from Mike Benson at TST)

Could not ask for better customer service. He asked what our tire pressure is, and said he would have his techs test the sensors and set the unit up for 50PSI per tire. All I have to do is screw em in and go!

2 Year warranty is standard and Mike says there is always someone at customer service until Midnight (EST) (hope to never have to test that!)

OH, Mike says that the non-pass through sensors are specifically designed for rubber valve stems - they weigh 11g each - guessing that is not much over what a standard stem cap weighs.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
OH, Mike says that the non-pass through sensors are specifically designed for rubber valve stems - they weigh 11g each - guessing that is not much over what a standard stem cap weighs.
They weigh a LOT more than a standard stem cap weighs. I wouldn't do it, but we each makes our own choices of course.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Will be installing my 507's early next week (ordered them today from Mike Benson at TST)

Could not ask for better customer service. He asked what our tire pressure is, and said he would have his techs test the sensors and set the unit up for 50PSI per tire. All I have to do is screw em in and go!

2 Year warranty is standard and Mike says there is always someone at customer service until Midnight (EST) (hope to never have to test that!)

Mike at TST is very knowledgeable and wouldn't recommend something if it were going to cause you or TST grief. He is the expert. If you've ever tried to pull a regular stem out with the appropriate tool, you will find they are extremely tough.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #46

I purchased the TST system as recommended by alpalmer and Iggy. It installed without a problem, and works great. For the first time I do not have to mess with checking tire pressures, compressors, worrying about a leak on the road, etc. The accuracy was almost right on with my guage. I am ordering extra sensors for my trailer and even my motorcycles, as I am too lazy to lay on the ground to check pressures.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #47
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G View Post
I purchased the TST system as recommended by alpalmer and Iggy. It installed without a problem, and works great. For the first time I do not have to mess with checking tire pressures, compressors, worrying about a leak on the road, etc. The accuracy was almost right on with my guage. I am ordering extra sensors for my trailer and even my motorcycles, as I am too lazy to lay on the ground to check pressures.
You still have to concern yourself with compressors,leaks,road hazards,etc.

Remember no TPMS can prevent those things - at best they can give you advance warning so you can deal with them.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Mike at TST is very knowledgeable and wouldn't recommend something if it were going to cause you or TST grief. He is the expert. If you've ever tried to pull a regular stem out with the appropriate tool, you will find they are extremely tough.
Mike really IS the epitome of customer service. I had a issue with my 507s and wrote him a quick email and he replied right back with a “call me and I will walk you through it” email.

Found out something else about these that others may not have realized!

They come with a special tool to attach them very tightly to the valve stem (affords a measure of theft protection) Not 100% (lets face it if they REALLY want your TPMS they will just get a set of compound shears and snip your valve stem
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire