Old 09-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #11

Well, we decided to drive to Omaha without the toad and rent when there. Oops there is a shortage rent a cars in the area, because of a hail storm north of here and all the cars being sent there! Enterprise has nothing till thurs! Some trip just go better than others. As for the blown fuse, we have an appointment Wed at Camper world, will post the results when I have some thing to report.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #12

Well I spent the day at camper world and when they could find the fuse they called forest river, but forest river, they did not call back. Camper world was great, not so much forest river! Back to the camp ground and wait for another day. Bummer!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri View Post
I talked to FR today but would only tell me so much, the wanted to talk to a real tech!!
Hope this helps you identify things.
The panel under the dash has 4 black relays at the bottom
from left to right
1st relay is Trailer Tow Relay for Right Turn Signal
2nd relay is Trailer Tow Relay for Left turn signal

Now if you can verify they have power andd are clicking when your turn signals ar eon that says you are getting power to the relay. I also can verify that you ar elooking for a 20 amp fuse and may even be a fuse link off of the battery positive post. A fise link looks like a thick wire but is actually a one time fuse. This part is just a guess.

I know you said all fuses are good but can you double check fuse #1 20 amp that I have circled in the 2nd picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	39613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	39615  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #14

Thanks!! Thanks!! What would we ever do without you on this forum! I will check out today. The gal from forest river thought it would be a line fuse in the back some where. She spoke to her boss and he cut her off and required a real tech. Hard to swallow when I was stuck in a church parking lot and it was a 101 deg in Iowa and I had spent several hours under looking for the fuse! And yesterday they would not return camper world's call! They said at camper world they fix about 2 of these a week! And they are all hard to find. Thanks again I have test light and a fuse tester with me so it will be an ease chi.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #15

Iggy;

I checked the suggested items. Both are ok, I think that puts me back to the inline fuses. My friend that has a hitch shop thinks there might be three fuses in line. One for tail and one each for turn signals. As I have tail lights on the toad that fuse would be ok no break or turn signals that fuse would be blown. Thanks so much for the help!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri View Post
Iggy;

I checked the suggested items. Both are ok, I think that puts me back to the inline fuses. My friend that has a hitch shop thinks there might be three fuses in line. One for tail and one each for turn signals. As I have tail lights on the toad that fuse would be ok no break or turn signals that fuse would be blown. Thanks so much for the help!
When they find the location of the fuses take pictures and give us the locations so we can add this to the library. Thanks

Old 09-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #17

Yup sure will, I cannot imagine why it is not in an obvious location. If I was far away from home or family stranded I would be torked!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #18

Well here it is a bad diode up front some where. They would not say exact location. Glad it's done! Camper world told me they do not have a line to tech support, they have to go through the same process as a end user. No that makes no sense to me! I would have been done the first day if they would have called back.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #19

See the diode locations in picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diode2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	39690  

Old 09-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #20

Thanks ever so much, you are a great asset to this thread!