Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Toilet issue on Sealand SC-210

Last night when I went to flush, I heard a sound that led me to believe something had broke. I then let go over my foot on the pedestal and the ball valve would not go shut. In the meantime, I'm manually, shutting the valve by using my hand on the pedestal.

I'm thinking the spring mechanism has broke somehow and I will need to replace it. It seems fairly easily. While I'm at it though, I think the ball valve should also be replaced just for general maintenance.

I could hire a mechanic to do this but was wondering if anyone has done this themselves? Is it pretty easy or difficult? I read something on EHow on how to do this and it seems easy enough but could be tricky dealing with the ball valve. It says to be careful or the thing could end up in the holding tank. Some of the steps seem to be missing from the Ehow procedure so not sure how much I trust it. So I'm on here to see if any of you have done this and have advice. Thanks for your response in advance.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #2

I had the same issue with mine. I called Dometic with my serial number and model and they sent me a new free toilet to my house. It was an easy install.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #3

I guess your toilet was under warranty. How long had you had it? My RV is a 2007. I'll call and see but I'm not sure they would do the same for me.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
I guess your toilet was under warranty. How long had you had it? My RV is a 2007. I'll call and see but I'm not sure they would do the same for me.
If I'm not mistaken mine was over a year old but they said it was a defect in the toilet when I gave them my serial number. Can't hurt in trying. If you go have to buy a new one get the 320 which is the newer model.
LINK

Video Link

Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Dometic - SeaLand 210 Toilet Manual.pdf

Dometic Traveler Lite 210 RV Toilet Owner's Manual.pdf

Dometic - Parts Lists 110 & 210 Toilets.pdf

If you decide to go the repair route here are the Manual & Parts List for the Toilet. I have a 2007 Georgetown as well. So far I've only needed to replace the seals from the bowl to the stand twice. Most of these parts are available on eBay for a lower cost than the dealerships.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags