Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #1

toilet valve won't operate

Suddenly out of no where, the ball inside the toilet that flushes water and crude out of the toilet will not operate. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know have it completely open but it will not shut now. I'm thinking of putting a little WD40 on it to see if that fixes the problem.

We had had a problem with getting the valve to shut all the way anyway and thus it wouldn't hold water. I ignored the problem but now it won't operate to open or shut.

Any advice?
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Site Team

It's probably paper etc. stuck in the valve. Let us know what brand and model toilet you have and someone might be able to provide repair instructions. You'll most likely have to separate the unit and replace the seal.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 PM   #3

I have the SeaLand Model SC 210. When we got our RV we did not get any paperwork on this toilet. I have been searching on the internet trying to find some information. I found one place that covers rv toilet repair but not my specific model. While the flush ball valve wasn't working all the way, until now it would at least close partially. Now when flushing the flush ball valve does not move at all.

If I have to shut off water going to the toilet, do you know where we do that?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #4

SeaLand 210 parts page.

SeaLand 210 Owner's Manual Check out Trouble Shooting on page 6.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #5

Was fixed two months ago; now water is slowly leaking out. Not sure if it's seal or not. I've tried loosening and also tightening the metal band around it; didn't work. The repairman comes Thursday but meantime the restroom stinks bad. We are doubling up on the chemicals but still stinks bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either fix the toilet or handle the odor. Someone suggested the fan that's in the restroom just sucks the odor out of the toilet making it even worse.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Just got back from a camping trip and our rear bathroom toilet is now leaking water back into the tank. The bowl will not hold water. I disassembled it and cleaned everything. Reassembled everything and it still will not hold water. I contacted Dometic Customer Service (800-321-9886) and was told the seal & ball valve need to be replaced. The original part number for the seal alone (385310677) is no longer good. I believe they've had a problem and now have a better replacement seal but it requires a slightly different ball valve to mate to it. They are not replacing anything under warranty. The cost for both is over $80 plus shipping. It really stinks, no pun intended, that a product that gets regular use only during camping trips would wear out so quickly. I believe Dometic found this out and now have a better replacement seal but won't own up to the problem of the faulty seals they originally used.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Purchased 2 of the new seals for the 2 toilets in my GT 370. One isn't leaking now but most likely will leak like the other one, so I'm prepared when it does. The new part # for the seals is 385316140. They're around $30 on ebay plus shipping. I will say they are a little thicker but the secondary seal is now a soft rubber instead of the hard plastic that held the original type seal in place. It told about 5 minutes to swap out the seals. It also appears that the center hole is a bit narrower so the ball valve seats better.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote