Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #1

Toilet Water Turn Off???

Took my 31L5 in for some warranty work on a water leak in the bathroom and they had mentioned they had to remove the toilet to get to the area behind the toilet where the leak is. We are now on the road and no water supply to the toilet. OK everywhere else. Does anyone know if there is a turn off for the toilet water that they might have used and forgot to turn back on? Thanks. Will call them in morning if no ideas.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #2

I've never seen anyone say they had a valve, but there are a number of threads where folks have added one. So I'm thinking that chances are good that you do NOT have one.

I'd suspect that they just didn't reconnect the hose properly.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #3

Try removing the water line at the toilet valve and check the debris screen. Only takes a few minutes and if you are lucky the screen has debris clogging it. Oh and make sure your pump is off and put a towel on the floor to catch any water from the line.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #4

So here is the rest of the story. Took new Georgetown 31 L5 in for warranty work for a water leak in the boxed area behind the toilet. Tech informed me that the boxed area contains the water supply line for the toilet and the furnace duct for the bedroom. He said that the supply line had been touching the duct and the heat had weakened the line and eventually caused the leak. Since I had fired up the furnace yet it must have happened during systems check at the factory. So when I opened up the area yesterday at the RV park I found that the tech had done a nice job of replacing the tubing with flexible heat resistant tubing but had noticed that when he replaced the boxed area he kinked the tubing thus shutting off water flow. When I get home I will change the tubing routing and do nice clean job of nailing the boxed area back in place. Yet another mystery solved. Hopefully this post will help someone in the future.
tailwind22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the update...now I know what is inside that boxed area and that it can be removed. Good info!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water