Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #1

Tools with our new Georgetown 360

NOt sure what these are for. Going throught he drawers today I found an aluminum pipe about 12 inches long and a funny looking tool that looks like a wheel wrench with a T handlde on the top..it is made of light alum. so I don't think it is a wheel nut wrench...any ideas....
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #2

That is the tool to remove the decoratve lug nuts. There are several which secure the decorative center hub. These need to be removed before you can have a wheel removed for service.
ohiobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #3

Sounds like it is the wrench used to take the chrome nuts that hold the stainless steel wheel covers in place. Two of the 'lug nuts' will have creases or dimples in them. The wrench is used to remove these lug nuts and the wheel covers will be able to be removed. There should be 2 of these nuts per wheel.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

There's 3 per 19.5 inch wheels on the front of my rig. Although there are cutouts for the air valve, sometimes I need to remove the wheel covers for better access.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote