Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Seems like I need and electrical noise filter. Would I install that for the microwave or the TV's?
If it is the microwave only that you are having this problem, you should just do that. AS long as they are not on the same circuit. You can also add one to all the 110v to stop any through the whole 110v system. I would look at that option . Who knows how thay wired your unit. I have 7 outlets and appliances on one breaker. So there is noway to isolate just one. Unless you can get a plug in outlet just for where you mico is plugged into. All these units are different even the same brand like Rockwood. Forget about a wireing diagram for your unit they do have one. It depends on who was on the line that day. Thats per FR themselves.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #22

If you are sure the problem is from the electrical side then a filter will help. However, if it's from the coax...
Old 03-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #23

Thank you all for your help. I have some ideas now on what direction to go. Love this forum! Makes me just smart enough to be dangerous. Lol
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #24

Please post once you find the answer.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Please post once you find the answer.

Did determine that microwave is on a separate circuit.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Hello IGGY, Long time no see. You guys must be quite the sight when you are in glow in the dark mode. Don't go anywhere near Rozwell N.M. (or is it Roswell). Wherever that U.F.O. sighting place is. Spelling not my strongpoint.
Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Hi from Puerto Penaco Mexico.
Where are you? Everyone down here are from Canada for the winter.
We are on the beach for a few weeks and haven't used the microwave since we eat out and enjoy the shrimp, fish and clams.
Its a tuff life for $235 with full hook-ups for 2 weeks.

Stay warm.
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #27

So my dealers remedy was to install a new microwave under warranty. They claimed it solved the problem. I cranked up the generator and tested it before I left their lot. Still have the same problem. Now they're going back to FR to get their advice. Pretty unbelievable!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #28

Just to let you know you are not alone. On my 2013, 327 georgetown I have three tv's and have the same problem. My dealer checked the cables and other items and could not find a cure. There answer was live with it. Not happy with there answer but had more serious problems for them to work on, so I let it go. Out of warranty now
william brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #29

Suggestion...get a long extension cord and plug the microwave into it outside of the coach at a close by outlet. See if the problem goes away. If it does, then you know the micro is causing interference on the ANTENNA wire inductively through your AC power wiring in the coach despite being on different circuits. I'm thinking that trying some ferrite traps on the antenna cable or rerouting it or wrapping it in a tin foil shield might eliminate the problem. Good luck!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #30

On my unit the antenna is almost directly above the microwave. Any access to the antenna cable may be a real problem.. I don't have over the air tv where I live but am going on a 4 mo run in a few weeks and will try the extension cord trick. Thanks for the reply
william brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #31

Toshiba TV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Suggestion...get a long extension cord and plug the microwave into it outside of the coach at a close by outlet. See if the problem goes away. If it does, then you know the micro is causing interference on the ANTENNA wire inductively through your AC power wiring in the coach despite being on different circuits. I'm thinking that trying some ferrite traps on the antenna cable or rerouting it or wrapping it in a tin foil shield might eliminate the problem. Good luck!

Tried this at the suggestion of my dealer. Ran an extension cord from my garage to microwave. Problem did not go away. Thinking ferrite traps might be best option. Should I put them on the Antenna cable or on the AC cable. Does it matter where ( location) I put it?

Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #32

I was thinking that the shielding on the antenna cable is weak and that the ferrites might be best on that.
If it comes to replacing the cable with something better shielded...one idea is to get a female joiner connection and pull the new cable through with the old...if it is not bundled and wire tied. I'd leave this one to the dealer though
Another alternative is to forget the existing mount and cable...maybe they could move the antenna to another location. You might have a "pre-wired" satellite location that is both better shielded and away from the inductive interference.
Hope the ferrite traps do the trick...try to get one in close the the microwave location and another near the other end of the cable. The more the merrier!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #33

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
I was thinking that the shielding on the antenna cable is weak and that the ferrites might be best on that.
If it comes to replacing the cable with something better shielded...one idea is to get a female joiner connection and pull the new cable through with the old...if it is not bundled and wire tied. I'd leave this one to the dealer though
Another alternative is to forget the existing mount and cable...maybe they could move the antenna to another location. You might have a "pre-wired" satellite location that is both better shielded and away from the inductive interference.
Hope the ferrite traps do the trick...try to get one in close the the microwave location and another near the other end of the cable. The more the merrier!
not to high jack the thread. But thanks for all your help, I cut in to speaker covers on each side of my fireplace and now can hear the sub woofer, how do you know so much about all this electronic stuff? Thanks for your help......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #34

Thanks...glad to hear the speakers are working well! Had 30+ years in the consumer electronics biz which was both work and my passion for a long time. Glad to help out where I can...but these are challenging beasts to make audio/video work well in ain't they?! All best...
Old 10-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #35

What is the antenna booster and where is it located? We are in a park with no cable and can't seem to get any tv stations. 2015, 351ds
sdowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowning View Post
What is the antenna booster and where is it located? We are in a park with no cable and can't seem to get any tv stations. 2015, 351ds

Mine is located above the passenger seat right behind the selector box. Just a little button to push.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #37

I have the same problem with mine withe microwave 2014-335 but with satellite no problem at all
borba is offline   Reply With Quote