Old 12-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #1

Angry TOTALLY STUCK SLIDE on Georgetown

Well folks I believe this is a new challenge. My bed slide totally froze as I was opening it. Now totally froze isnít something new however this is what makes it more interesting. One side was working fine but the other didnít budge leaving me with one side out about 12Ē and the other tight against the coach. During this exercise the wood trim around the slide on the inside wedges against the window valance to the point it was crushing it. I ended up ripping this trim off but the slide would not budge. Now here is where the story gets more interesting. The model I have (31L5) doesnít have space on the sides of the slide to reach and release the motors. On top of that because itís a 2018 model there is no ďbuttonĒ on the slide module to reset the system. So here I am, one side wants to go out only, the other wonít move at all, no module to reset, no ability to reach the motors to release and manually push slide straight so off to the RV repair shop and $150 per hour to get it fixed. Anyone ever experience this and if so what did you do to get it back straight?

Grillmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Head Rambler

I thought Georgetown's had hydraulic slides, but if I'm reading your post correctly, sounds like you have Schwintek slides?

Old 12-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
NXR

TOTALLY STUCK SLIDE on Georgetown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I thought Georgetown's had hydraulic slides, but if I'm reading your post correctly, sounds like you have Schwintek slides?

Our 2020 GT5 has the electric (Lippert) Power Gear SlimRack system on its three slides.

There is no easy way to move them manually. You need to locate the motor behind a vertical seal on each side of the slide and then lift the motor out. That frees up the mechanism and then you can put a socket in where the motor came out and crank forever. At least if Iím reading the manual correctly.

I have no idea how to even get to the motors. It might require a removal of the slide seal.

At least the controllers are easy to get to. Each slideís controller is screwed to the ceiling of the basement compartment underneath the slide behind a plastic cover.

Ray

Tags
georgetown, slide