Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #1

tow bar

towed with new ready brute tow bar.i have a jeep 2012 Rubicon and it did real nice.ready brake on jeep is a cable system,works good you have to adjust brake cable after a couple pulls.all and all it works great.the braking pulls brake pedal on jeep,there is a light on motor home dash that comes on when brakes are on when jeep is braking,towed 556 miles no problem, pete

Old 07-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #2

Thinking of getting the ReadyBrute/Ready Brake system too. Any ideas for baseplates to use? I have an 04 Wrangler automatic...

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #3

Ive used blue ox for my last 2 base plates. I like them hidden and blue ox had some nice ones for my models. Ever manufacturer has a slightly different solution for each model vehicle so look at them all for your vehicle.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #4

ready brute tow bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Thinking of getting the Ready Brute/Ready Brake system too. Any ideas for base plates to use? I have an 04 Wrangler automatic...
on my 2012 jeep Rubicon the ones that looked good and work with tow bar is great,they are road master.the only thing i dont like is the safety cable and wire for jeep and motor home.the wire is a coil wire that is really tight,they said it would stretch out.i don't think so,a lot of pressure on plug ins.all in all this system works good.adjusted cable for braking 2 times until i had it right.so when you hit brakes on motor home light comes on fast.if i could help you with anything else just ask me ill try to answer them.you can not back up with this tow bar,found myself on dead end road one time and wife started laughing.so i unhooked her the jeep.i just got to think more she says????????????? Pete
Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #5

We are liking our ReadyBrute tow bar and brakes. The little Subaru Impreza is hard to feel going down the road. wouldn't know it's back there without the camera.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #6

resdy brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcampr View Post
We are liking our ReadyBrute tow bar and brakes. The little Subaru Impreza is hard to feel going down the road. wouldn't know it's back there without the camera.
do you have the light that comes on in motor home when brakes are applied for car?