Old 12-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #11

Yep - lots of good both ways. Only caution is not to tow more than your rated for like 5000 lbs.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #12

DW and I use a Master Tow dolly also, da! without brakes. Don't even know its back there. Use the Ford tow haul mode when encountering long or steep down hills. Never have had a problem storing it at a campsite. I pretty much got it down pat that most times I can have the care on and tires strapped in 5 minutes, off is even quicker. However, if I was full timing or at least retired and spending maybe months at a time in the RV than I would have a four down set-up of some kind.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #13

I tow a Honda CRV. My CRV is a 2014 .Its my 5th CRV.This is the last CRV that will be towed 4 down as the 2015 model has a cvt tranny and is not towable. The CRV tows like a dream, just hook it up and tow away.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:55 PM   #14

We have a new 270S using a tow dolly for my Scion IQ. Works great with little or no load on the RV. One problem is moving the dolly around. It is heavy and as a older guy it isn't easy. My tow car has a mounting point on the front were I mounted a 2" trailer ball. Now I just drive the dolly were I need it.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John123 View Post
We have a new 270S using a tow dolly for my Scion IQ. Works great with little or no load on the RV. One problem is moving the dolly around. It is heavy and as a older guy it isn't easy. My tow car has a mounting point on the front were I mounted a 2" trailer ball. Now I just drive the dolly were I need it.
I have one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Fulton-Perform.../dp/B002JQ7S6C
on my Kar Kaddy, It makes moving it around a breeze
Old 01-06-2015, 12:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb5sej View Post
We have a new 351DS and are considering towing. Weighing dolly vs dingy but leaning to dolly because we trade vehicles frequently. What are others doing? I got rid of the 5th wheel and not crazy about towing but the rentals will probably cost me more in the long run... DW thinks she wants a street licensed golf cat but still have to get it there.
I order to fill all your desires looks like a P/Up truck with a Golf cart in the bed (Towed/Dollied) behind the GT! Youroo!!

Tags
towing