Old 09-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Towing a 2012 Jeep Rubicon question

I have a 2010 GT 378-TS.

Does anyone tow a 4dr, 4WD Jeep Ruicon with their Georgetown?

Does the MH handle the towing OK?

Any issues?

Pete and Patty
2010 Georgetown 378TS; 2012 4dr Jeep Rubicon
1 Yellow Lab (hers);1 Little Bitty dog (mine)
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
we tow an jku x no problems
easy light set up just drill hole in tlight and add an extra bulb then run 4 wires to front of jeep
we use a blueox tow bar and base plate installed the base plate my self once again an easy task have toad 2 jeeps 1st a 2dr 2010 now a 11 4 door loven it

liven life in east TN and wherever my
2011georgetown280ve, and
2016 fordexplorer and hemi RAM
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
Tow a two door '10 Wrangler with the same MH. Just came back from the Smokies, pulled the grades no problem. Just keep in mind that the V10 will let you know it's there. The Wrangler is a great toad!
2011 Georgetown 378TS in FireMist
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
I tow a 2009 wrangler rubicon jk 4 door. Going over Donner pass by lake Tahoe is fine but don't expect to go much more than 40 mph unless you really want to rev the engine for a sustained period of time. No need to add a bulb to the rear taillights as mentioned above. Mopar makes a harness for a little over $100 that you can plug into the jk wiring system and plug into the rv round 7 pin wiring harness and control all of your lights. I am on a flight (wifi in the air is nice) but could look up the part number at home if anyone would like it. If you have a braking system like I do, you have to splice into the brake wire in the harness to control the braking system in the jeep - was easy to do.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Jeep part number

Ready to pull the trigger on a jeep, and would love the part number. Don't want to run the lights myself, it would easily be worth more than $100 for my busted knuckles and frustration.
Maddog378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Would that Mopar Harness work on a 2006 jeep wrangler unlimited?
I'de like to see that part number too.Thanks
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
The part number for the Mopar RV towing wiring harness for a JK Jeep is 82210214AB. From the websites I have seen it only works for 07-12 Jeep Wranglers. Beware that you have to connect it underneath of the glovebox. It splices into an existing wiring harness. Bringing it through the firewall was a little tricky but you don't have to cut any metal or drill any holes. There are detailed Mopar installation instructions out there on the internet that you may want to glance at first. Just google search for Mopar and the part number and you will easily find it.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
I took a trailer wiring harness from walmart, snaked it all the way down thru my chassis on my jeep and bought a pair of towing lights from Northenr Hydraulics for about $10.00. and plug the harness into the MH and the other end into the magnetic towing light. Cheap and effective

Fourn3833 is offline   Reply With Quote