Old 12-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #31

Re: Transmission Troubles

Hey cfsoistman !!!!!
Hasn't Ford solved your problem yet? I't will soon be two months since your last incident report. Many here have exactly the same engine and trannty and anxiously await to hear what caused your problem and what the fix was.

Cheers,
Don Blake
07 Georgetown 349TSF

Nov 6th, 2009.... cfsoistman said
Yesterday on my way home from work I saw a motorhome driving in the opposite direction. Hey! that's my motorhome. The mechanic had it out trying to locate the noise. It really seemed strange looking at it going down the road without me.
Today: I received a call from the repair center. The coach is ready for pick up. Once I got there they explained they checked everything out and test drove it for more than 20 miles and could not find anything wrong. My first thought was it never fails the noise is there until you get it to the repair shop. So I picked it up, connected my car to the rear and started home. My worries lasted about 15 minutes and about 6 miles from the dealership. BOOM it bucked and I heard grinding and had to get to the right turn lane just prior to a red light. It sounded like the drive shaft fell off. Once I got stopped I went out and looked under the coach. Nothing, everything looked normal. I looked back at my car and didn't see any problems back there. I still don't know what broke but they won't have any problem locating it once they get into it. I don't blame them, you can't find a problem if it doesn't present itself. I called the service advisor at Packer Ford and after he apologized he got me in touch with Ford Roadside Assistance in order to get the coach towed back to the shop. Once I called Ford Roadside Assistance everything went smooth as glass. She called me back once the towing company was contacted. Tow truck arrived within 30 minutes. They told me 45-60 minutes. The driver was terrific, another camper so he treated the coach like it was his own. It sounded terrible as he pulled off. First a clunk and another and then it was smooth hauling.
So it's back at the shop and I'll know something next week. I'll keep you posted.

I'm so thankful that no one was hurt, I didn't wreck the coach or hit anything or anyone. One thing I'm glad is IT HAPPENED so now there's a starting point for them to find the problem. Had I made it home the coach would be parked for a couple months and maybe we would be on our way to a vacation destination when it would go up.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #32

dpbbjc:

Check out post #24 in the thread for your answer.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #33
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbbjc View Post
Hey cfsoistman !!!!!
Hasn't Ford solved your problem yet? I't will soon be two months since your last incident report. Many here have exactly the same engine and trannty and anxiously await to hear what caused your problem and what the fix was.

Cheers,
Don Blake
07 Georgetown 349TSF

Yes it was fixed. Everything went well. The poor thing's surrounded by a ton of snow right now. I'm Ready for Spring!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #34

Results

Hi did you find out what the problem was, if there was one?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #35

Sorry I just read post 24. At least it was partial good news - no tranny problems.

Happy camping!
ChrisD