Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #1

Trouble with rear power slide

I have 2012 Georgetown 351DS. Just got our unit back from the shop replacing motor on levelers. At the same time replaced breaker for power to rear slide. Slide worked 4 times and now we have no power to back slide again. Checked and replaced fuses/breaker. Still no power at switch. Front slide works fine. Any ideas
lorlena43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #2

The slides and jacks use the same motor.
Take a look at this thread, LOTS of good info.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...act-60910.html
Post # 25 (thanks Iggy ) has a PDF for the "Lippert Hydraulic Leveling and Slideout Manual"
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t-60910-3.html

ab&jb
Old 07-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #3

I suspected the motor to the slide and the levelers was connected, but when we took rv out while waiting for the motor, so no motor attached, both slides worked. We put rear slide out at home to pack, then back in to travel. When we got to the campground, rear side seemed to have no power, but front slide went out no problem. I will also look through your recommended thread.

I presume we keep shorting out something related to back slide, but don't know what
Old 07-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #4

Interesting, maybe your (and ours) rear slide is electric???

Here's another PDF.
pg 23 (pg 22 of the manual)
shows a electric rear slide.

ab&jb
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ForestRiverOwnersManual-Motorized.pdf (6.60 MB, 71 views)
Old 07-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #5

Ths rear slide is stuck in the out position again. How do you manually bring them back in?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorlena43 View Post
Ths rear slide is stuck in the out position again. How do you manually bring them back in?
Assuming you have the same slide system as the 2014's here is a link to the manual. The instructions for bring the slide in manually are in it. You will need an electric drill and the tool that should have been in your MH when you got it.

http://www.norcoind.com/bal/download...ice-manual.pdf

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #7

We don't have the specific tool as described in the manual and I don't see any 1/4 inch opening on the end of the moyor that is described in the manual. Need more help.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #8

Quote:
We don't have the specific tool as described in the manual and I don't see any 1/4 inch opening on the end of the moyor that is described in the manual. Need more help.
If you have the electric slides the motor is in the very top of the slide. It is easier to access if the slide is out than in. If you look at the big piece of molding right at the top by the ceiling, you should see three or four small round button looking pieces that cover the screws. Pry those out and remove the screws and that entire piece of molding will come off. You will see the motor and the cable system. You may be able to get whatever size socket is needed into the motor without having the special tool. The problem is going to be if you do get the slide to come in you only have about 6 inches between the slide and the ceiling to work in. That is what the special extension is for. Also, all my experience is with the front slide. I am assuming the rear is the same.
Is the breaker tripping or is the motor even attempting to run? If not, might have a bad switch on the wall.
Wonder if anyone besides me thought they were getting hydraulic slides in the 351 and didn't realize otherwise until after the purchase. During our pdi the technician even pointed out the tank for the fluid and said that was the reservoir for the slides and jacks.

Charleston SC
Old 07-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #9

Thanks, we found the motor. We couldn't get a good grip on the end of it to get to turn. The good news is it turned out that the fuse box was were the problem was. The rear slide breaker 20 amp fuse sits loose, therfore it isn't getting the connection it needed. When I pushed in on it and someone hit the rear slide switch, it worked.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks, we found the motor. We couldn't get a good grip on the end of it to get to turn. The good news is it turned out that the fuse box was were the problem was. The rear slide breaker 20 amp fuse sits loose, therfore it isn't getting the connection it needed. When I pushed in on it and someone hit the rear slide switch, it worked.
Glad you got it fixed. That is not a good feeling when that slide is stuck and you can't it back in to travel.

Charleston SC

Tags
power, slide