Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

Unhappy TV feed wiring diagram

We are talking about a 2014 335. I added satellite to my RV toys (a Tailgater from Dish). The installer took better than 2.5 hours to install and get it working. The big problem, according to the installer, was that must be splitters in the wiring, interfering with the signal within the cable wiring in the RV. There is a satellite input in the second bay, but that did not allow a "clean" signal to the TV.

At any rate, we were able to cobble together a decent picture using the cable input in the back "basement" area.

I am looking for a wiring diagram of the cable/antenna/satellite feed for the 335 so I can make this work like it is supposed to. Anyone have access to the wiring diagram for the TV feeds on a 335?

Jim Sullivan
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Was your ota antenna booster on?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

You say cobble a decent picture. There is no difference between the cable input and the sat input (both are RG6). If you are using cable out from your receiver then you will have SD picture. Need to use the HDMI out from your receiver to get HD TV. Unfortunately for most of us FR did not prewire HDMI cables. Can hook receiver at TV to TV input cable and HDMI from receiver to TV and have HD TV but without A-B switch (or similar) will have to disconnect receiver and reconnect cable to TV for park cable input. Of course all of this may be completely wrong.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
Old Timer

If you are looking for a wiring diagram, contact the factory customer service. I have done this before with other brands. Don't know why FR wouldn't send you one.
kentnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
We are talking about a 2014 335. I added satellite to my RV toys (a Tailgater from Dish). The installer took better than 2.5 hours to install and get it working. The big problem, according to the installer, was that must be splitters in the wiring, interfering with the signal within the cable wiring in the RV. There is a satellite input in the second bay, but that did not allow a "clean" signal to the TV.

At any rate, we were able to cobble together a decent picture using the cable input in the back "basement" area.

I am looking for a wiring diagram of the cable/antenna/satellite feed for the 335 so I can make this work like it is supposed to. Anyone have access to the wiring diagram for the TV feeds on a 335?

Jim Sullivan

On my 351DS I had a sim issue with Dish install. Ended up cutting center overhead cabinet back to gain access to a poorly installed splitter. Once we tightened everything up the picture came in clearly. Might be same issue (or not).

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
FL family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
Senior Member - Retired

Jim Sullivan, I do not know if this diagram will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAT TV wiring.jpg
Views:	54405
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	70880  
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post

Jim Sullivan
The actual SAT feed is on the roof under the vent cover that is located above the passengers side front. This vent cover is just a temp cover for future use if anyone wanted to add SAT dish on roof.
If you remove it you will find a coax end as well as 2 power leads that are not hooked up to any power yet.
Locate your antenna switch in one of your cabinets that SAYS Antenna, Cable and SAT.
This is where the SAT coax from the roof goes to.
If you have two TV yes you have a splitter and it is usually located behind the false cabinet wall where the 3 way switch is located. It will be attached to the output from the 3 way switch. You may be able to pull the coax and it may be close in the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lens_BDay_Oct25_2014 068.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	70881  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #8

Angry cable

good luck getting a call back from fr..i been trying to get a tv coax wiring diagram for 5 months,no luck/!!!!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #9

On my 2013 332 i was able to take the tv feed that goes outside to a compartment next to the entry door . If you look closely at the diagram you will see a spliter that feeds all the tv,s. I removed the cable at this point and extended it to my dish box. Now i just hook my portable antenna to the connector that was miss marked "cable" . Now great modifiction was required just a little cable wiring next to the tv.
william brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #10

I called forest river when trying to set up my carry out dish. They emailed me coax schematic the same day. I have gtown 351. Unfortunately the signal goes through a couple of splitters. Pre-pre-wearing with HDMI would have been nice
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 351 GT coax cable diagram 1 of 2.pdf (45.9 KB, 1440 views)
File Type: pdf 351 GT coax cable diagram 2 of 2.pdf (281.8 KB, 1202 views)
Gohawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, wiring